François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am wondering what causes my screen not to show the thumb or geekgold icons beside every posts. I can neither see the Boardgamegeek guy at the top left of the page and some other little things.

When I try to open the page with Explorer instead of my usual Firefox, everything appears normally.

Does somebody know how to fix this? I like the thumbs...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The thumbs are gone... and other things too!
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And, as you can see, I can guess where the icon should be and give you a thumb...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
You've probably blocked images from 3rd party domains; either manually by following some misguided instructions from somewhere on the internet, or by installing an overzealous security/privacy extension.
The thumb image, as well as the logo, are being hosted on http://geekdo-images.com/

If it's specific to boardgamegeek, go to preferences, content, and click the "Exceptions..." button next to "Load images automatically". If geekdo-images.com is in the list, remove it from the list and everything will be fine again.
Otherwise, open about:config, find permissions.default.image, which I'm expecting to be set to "3", and right-click it to reset it to 1.

If neither of those turn out to be the culprit, consider which extensions you've recently installed, and disable them one by one until you've found which one is causing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked! *happy dance* Thank you very much! If I could give you more than one thumb I would! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.