United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I know about the 2nd edition is it's supposed to be more difficult to win and the map is misprinted. So far I don't have much interest in picking it up. If a 1st edition owner did pick up the 2nd edition I'd like to hear about it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it seems Decision Games is not to going to offer an upgrade option to owners of the first edition, I'm trying to make my own upgrade kit.

The updated rules are not avaible yet, AFAIK. Meanwhile I'm using most of the changes announced in another thread (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/855624/second-edition-co...). They seem reasonable and interesting, even though you may like to try them as optional rules.

Also, I've learned that in the Second Edition, Usurper counters come marked with a Leader Value 1 thru 4, so no leader counter must be picked at random, so I've marked these counters in my copy. Not the best of the solutions, but it works for me. On the other hand, doctoring Imperial Order and World Ship units seems like a bit more complicated, so I'll just try to remember and apply their modified morphogenetic value when playing.

EDIT: there is an image in the gallery showing the counters in 2nd edition (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1727346/struggle-for-the-...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the sales department of Decisions Games for information about availability of the game (2nd edition) in Europe, and got a quick response:

"We had a production error on the map and had to wait for a new pritning. It has arrived and we are collating it now. The game is scheduled to go out to stores Mid-November."

So a reedition is expected soon. Being a huge fan of the game, I think I'll get a copy of the 2nd edition at last, provided it's available at a reasonable final price plus shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Gracias José Antonio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, rules for the second edition seem to be now available at the Decision Games site:

http://decisiongames.com/wpsite/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/S...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCO SERRANO GALAN
Spain
MADRID
MADRID
flag msg tools
Any news about this edition?

Do you know where can I buy this second release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seldonita wrote:
Any news about this edition?

Do you know where can I buy this second release?

AFAIK currently it can be purchased from Decision Games' shop. Too bad the total for the game plus shipping to mainland Spain is simply ridiculous (some US $106). Shipping is via USPS Priority International Mail and no other option is offered.
At this time the game seems to not be available from any internet shop or FLGS in Europe. At best only 1st edition appears listed. Maybe it's just a question of time it gets a bit more affordable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are reprinting the misprinted map so I suspect that is why it's not currently available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCO SERRANO GALAN
Spain
MADRID
MADRID
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses.

For that circumstances, do you think it is a good option to purchase the first edition, that is currently at several stores yet? It is very different the second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.