Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into a question that we couldn't answer last night when playing scenario 41. When using the gun to attack down a line of rooms withing line-of-sight, do you have to declare a specific target room, in the hopes that the traitor is there (and thus missing them if they're in a room between the target room and you, or beyond the target room), or can you not declare a specific room and simply hit the traitor if they are anywhere down the line of rooms? We decided on a conservative interpretation, that you have to target a specific room, but there was much discussion on it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Applying a 'reasonableness' rule I would say that if you fire the gun towards the farthest room, the bullet would travel through any intervening space and so 'hit' any invisible object between ... so I would have lent towards the decisison that you do not need to decalre the room ... you just 'fire in the direction of - '

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Kelley
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bullet will travel directly to where you aim it. So, yes, you could aim it at the farthest room, it will go there. The card states that you need line of sight to the target. So, can you 'see' an invisible enemy? I'd say no, for that basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.