Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

1-When building a game with encounters--It says use either the blue or gold encounters. Does that mean some of each is allowed or ONLY use blue encounter or gold encounters for the upcoming game?

2-Can you move past pictured spaces on enemy bases or must you stop on them if you move on top of/through one?

3.Can you place any age labyrinth next to any age platter?

4.Can you place any age dome key next to any age platter?

5.When imprisoned by a guardian..where do you actually go? To the enemy base's prison?

6.The character cards tell you how many henchmen, if any, they start with. Not having the game with me, from my memory, I am asking if the character cards also tell you how many treasure cards they each start with?

End
Thanks!

p.s. Errata-Question: I think the first example of the game set up for a standard game is in error as it calls for FULL key set up, yet there is one space missing in the example provided. It should instead say, Black fills the 2 remaining spaces instead of saying it just fills 1, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
3.Can you place any age labyrinth next to any age platter?
Yes. Nothing in the rules adds this restriction.

Duglis wrote:
4.Can you place any age dome key next to any age platter?
Yes. Nothing in the rules adds this restriction.

Duglis wrote:
5.When imprisoned by a guardian..where do you actually go? To the enemy base's prison?
Yes.
Master Compendium Page 13.
Quote:
An imprisoned enemy is placed on your team base Prison space..

Duglis wrote:
6.The character cards tell you how many henchmen, if any, they start with. Not having the game with me, from my memory, I am asking if the character cards also tell you how many treasure cards they each start with?
Yes.
Master Compendium Page 11
Quote:
Character Starting Cards
Some characters begin with cards, as shown by the symbols on the character card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the P.S. the split setup also say each split or whatever have to have two adventure keys.

And then the setup explained only put in the colonial labyrinth and a base.

I guess that mean a base key count as an adventure key and it do contain adventures.

But that may be something to think about. I wonder if the rules didn't mentioned bases separately somewhere else though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb88 wrote:

Wait...where is this Master Compendium? Is this a "living rules"-type document somewhere or was my Master set missing a rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
mrb88 wrote:

Wait...where is this Master Compendium? Is this a "living rules"-type document somewhere or was my Master set missing a rule book?

http://www.duelofages.com/DoAII/HomeResources
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Hi!

p.s. Errata-Question: I think the first example of the game set up for a standard game is in error as it calls for FULL key set up, yet there is one space missing in the example provided. It should instead say, Black fills the 2 remaining spaces instead of saying it just fills 1, right?

Yup. Unless by FULL they mean something other than full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! This still leaves the first two questions---

1-When building a game with encounters--It says use either the blue or gold encounters. Does that mean some of each is allowed or ONLY use blue encounter or gold encounters for the upcoming game?

2-Can you move past pictured spaces on enemy bases or must you stop on them if you move on top of/through one?

oh also

new
3. You can move through encounter tiles right? You only encounter them if you wish to and on your adventure phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Thanks everyone! This still leaves the first two questions---

Yes, use one color or the other, but not both colors, when setting up any of the game sets involving Encounter tokens.

I can imagine a few interesting variants which might involve using both colors, though.

I think the Blue set is exactly the same as the Gold set -- but I haven't confirmed that.

Quote:
3. You can move through encounter tiles right? You only encounter them if you wish to and on your adventure phase?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Yes, you can. They are simply Clear spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton everybody!

Okay! All ready to go now! Pardon me for the many rules questions, but in my long experience, it's better to be prepared beforehand. You then don't have to wait for rules to be figured out if you get stuck during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.