Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Timer problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Stewart
Macao
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sometimes the sand in my timer will just randomly stop falling, essentially "breaking" it. I am a bit disappointed that they included such cheap timers in the anniversary edition. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, that would be great, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Anyone else have this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cpugeek13 wrote:
Sometimes the sand in my timer will just randomly stop falling, essentially "breaking" it. I am a bit disappointed that they included such cheap timers in the anniversary edition. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, that would be great, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like you got a specific faulty timer - the timers I've come across in copies of the game have all been fine aside from the standard problem with every sand-timer I've ever seen where the last half-second or so of sand doesn't always fall (which is easily fixed with a quick tap).

The timer's not a crucial part of the game anyway - you can always resort to gently tapping people on the head with the box lid like the rulebook suggests

More seriously, any way of putting in an optional time limit would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Ohlsson
Sweden
Lyckeby
flag msg tools
mbmb
My timer is wonky as well, seems to be a big corn that stops the sand so we needed to constantly watch this...annoying.
Now we simply run a timer with the phone or some other time tracking thingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.