United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
If you roll a 1 is it counted as a critical miss, even if the hits? I had a situation (on my YouTube channel) where a 12 AC water elemental was brought down to 8 AC and the attack bonus for the hero was a +7. Even if a 1 was rolled then it's still a hit so I didn't bother rolling.

A viewer stated that I should have rolled as I could have got a 'critical miss' and therefore should have rolled. I know you get critical misses in the D&D role playing game but do you get them in the board game? I can't find it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not in the rules, so technically there is no critical miss, and in your situation, rolling a '1' is a valid hit.

We do play that a '1' always counts as a miss though, just to keep a tiny bit of uncertainty. But it is a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Tysoe
United Kingdom
southam
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
If you roll a 1 is it counted as a critical miss, even if the hits? I had a situation (on my YouTube channel) where a 12 AC water elemental was brought down to 8 AC and the attack bonus for the hero was a +7. Even if a 1 was rolled then it's still a hit so I didn't bother rolling.

A viewer stated that I should have rolled as I could have got a 'critical miss' and therefore should have rolled. I know you get critical misses in the D&D role playing game but do you get them in the board game? I can't find it in the rules.

No, there's no "critical miss" rule. This borrows from d and D but it's a different system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the roleplaying version of D&D a 1 is indeed a critical miss. And yes if you would roll a one and hit it still counts as a miss plus most of the time something bad happens: loose of weapon, fall over, break weapon, ... But not in the boardgame so you don't have to trouble your mind about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought there wasn't, thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.