Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a 25 year absence from my collection, I recently re-purchased Quebec 1759. Somehow I also stumbled upon a web site called Deer Valley Game Company that provides free downloadable kits that add new life to old classic wargames. I've submitted the link after getting permission from them, and if approved the link will show up in the links section.
What they have for Quebec, is an ordering system using cards that are revealed simultaneously by opponents. Also an alternative battle system, again using cards and an easy to read chart. Plus a few other attractive goodies for the game. If you own Quebec and haven't played it for awhile, then you owe it to yourself to check this out. I can't wait to play this again, since I've added the components...which by the way, look as if they will streamline this already compact game even more so.
They also have kits for other Columbia games, and kits for some Eagle, Avalon Hill, SPI, and other brands...perhaps 25 or so total. They also have a Civil War game of their own, that can be purchased, or you can download and make yourself.
The owner was kind enough to replace an Excel file (which my system cannot open) with an html file that my system is able to open. In the same reply, he gave me permission to "tout" his site. So here it is...
www.dvgc.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.