Subject: Netrunner card creation program? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a program to create custom Netrunner cards? kind of like MSE for MTG? Because I have such awesome ideas and I suck at photoshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use Excel while you're playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
Just use Excel while you're playtesting.

What are you talking about? playtesting what? use excel how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means just make the card in Excel where you can control the size of the card as well as text placement, print it out, and sleeve it with another card you aren't using.

You can also do this with Power Point as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you understand... I don't want to play with custom cards, I want to make them just for fun, maybe even post them here for criticism, and I want them to be fully rendered- meaning that they would look like real Netrunner cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bioball wrote:
I think he means just make the card in Excel where you can control the size of the card as well as text placement, print it out, and sleeve it with another card you aren't using.

You can also do this with Power Point as well.

Yes, that is what I mean.

It sucks spending hours making cards in photoshop just to realize that they needed a lot more playtesting.

If you've already played with your designs a bit and are happy with the resault, then go ahead and get the cards made.

Just my 0.02kr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer, no.

Long answer, anyone can make cards for any games with Photoshop and some skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSE is awesome and I still wish someone would make an A:NR plugin for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Is there a program to create custom Netrunner cards? kind of like MSE for MTG? Because I have such awesome ideas and I suck at photoshop.

Pre-ANR the NR CCG community was touting ArtsCow to create cards with custom images. You might check http://www.netrunneronline.com/home/ for more.

I don't know if you can download the images but you could order sheets of custom cards. I was in the middle of doing it myself when time got the best of me and before I finished ANR had been released and all that was put aside.

Here's an image from one of the fan expansions.

-tpl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can probably pick up some decent blanks that were generated for this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/957207/octgn-ok-people-i...

Looks like db0 has collected them here:

https://github.com/db0/Android-Netrunner-OCTGN/tree/OCTGN-3....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
I don't think you understand... I don't want to play with custom cards, I want to make them just for fun, maybe even post them here for criticism, and I want them to be fully rendered- meaning that they would look like real Netrunner cards.

The two halves of your post somewhat contradict each other: It's not necessary (or worth the trouble) to fully render cards until you've playtested the heck out of your ideas. Playtesting works a treat no matter how your cards look Thus, yeah, my suggestion would also be to use Excel or Word or whatever.

You'll get much better reactions if you playtest your ideas a bit before you fully render them.

On the other hand, of course you're free to do as you please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.