Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Williams
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious, but is there any way to easily identify which hero miniature goes with which card? I recently bought 1E, four of the expansions and the conversion kit, so it's gone from 8 to match to over 40+ to now.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasgo wrote:
I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious, but is there any way to easily identify which hero miniature goes with which card? I recently bought 1E, four of the expansions and the conversion kit, so it's gone from 8 to match to over 40+ to now.

Is there something I'm missing?

Visually is the only way. The pose of the miniature is usually more or less similar to the illustration on the card. Weapon and other accoutrements should also be obvious.

Andira Runehand and Runewitch Astarra are the two I've probably mixed up the most. Just had to remember that Andira is holding a banner (not very obvious on her card) and Astarra isn't (similar names doesn't help either).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what pushed me over the edge into learning to paint minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac McKinlay
United States
Portland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes - but here's the thing (and I'll probably mention this again) -
Descent heroes are divided into four colors. Those colors are called "archetypes". Well, the top of each hero card has that ornate archetype symbol - not that thing. Look at the little colored gem at the bottom of the text box. Red is warrior; green is scout; blue is healer; yellow is mage. Period.
Paint the base of each hero miniature that color. Since you'll very rarely have more than one of any archetype in play at once, you can always tell who's where on the board. No more eye strain. (And you have divided all thirty or fifty heroes into reasonable sized groups for analysis.)
Thank you Fantasy Flight for including this great organizing feature. It might have been nice to tell people about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Williams
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MacMcMac wrote:
Paint the base of each hero miniature that color. Since you'll very rarely have more than one of any archetype in play at once, you can always tell who's where on the board. No more eye strain. (And you have divided all thirty or fifty heroes into reasonable sized groups for analysis.)
Thank you Fantasy Flight for including this great organizing feature. It might have been nice to tell people about it.

This sounds like a great idea. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my Heroes I labeled the bottom of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.