Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Gloom and Unfortunate Expeditions, and my wife and I enjoy pulling them out from time to time. It's not exactly an every day occurrence, but Gloom is one of a limited range of games she enjoys, so it's a winner.

I have been eyeing Cthulhu Gloom for a while, pure greed. It came on sale recently, so I am contemplating getting it plus the expansion... but then again, does it really add much to the original? Help me decide!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like it better! Why? Because the base game has some of the mechanics and complexity you don't get in the original without expansions. Also the color. So I'd say go for it if you are a gloom fan! The recently announced gloom expansion with undead characters sounds cool too, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have original Gloom, just the Cthulhu version (and its one expansion). There are some other non-Cthulhu Gloom expansions, aren't there?

Unless you're a Lovecraft fan, I doubt that Cthulhu Gloom will add to your enjoyment much. If you are a Lovecraft fan, it's quite fun. The tone is still like original Gloom, but it's got clever literary references.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdanish wrote:

The recently announced gloom expansion with undead characters sounds cool too, though.

Ooh - thanks for the tip about that. Intrigued!

Carthoris wrote:
There are some other non-Cthulhu Gloom expansions, aren't there?

Yep. I have one of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.