Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I split off with Joey & Keith to play the latest Kramer / Kiesling effort, Java. This left Jim, Tabea, Darren and Dave for another Knizia title, Euphrat & Tigris. It's been quite awhile since E&T, my favorite Knizia title, as hit the tables during a Westbank Gamers session, so it was good to see it surface again.

Unfortunately, no one was very familiar with the rules. Jim had played before, but couldn't quite remember all of the mechanics or rules. I took some time to explain them, paying particular attention to the types of conflicts and how they are resolved. Still, there seemed to have been some confusion during the course of the game which ultimately effected the player's enjoyment of the game. Too bad, as this is a wonderful game ... but you MUST thoroughly understand the types of conflicts and their different resolutions.

The match was also long ... VERY long. I'm talking about 2 hours here. Most of this undoubtedly can be attributed to the rules confusion.

No detailed notes, but the end result was extremely close with Jim winning a narrow victory:

Jim: 7 Red, 8 Blue, 13 Green, 15 Black
Darren: 7 Red, 8 Green, 12 Black, 27 Blue
Dave: 7 Black, 7 Blue, 7 Green, 23 Red
Tabea: 4 Black, 6 Blue, 11 Red, 12 Green

Ratings: Jim 7, Darren 6, Dave 5, Tabea 4

Hopefully, Dave & Tabea will play it again as I'm sure their ratings would improve with a better understanding of the game's mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.