Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Speicherstadt is currently $16.99 on Amazon. Everywhere else has it for right around the $30 mark if they even have it in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WZL1FS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_ti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Speicherstadt $16.99 at Amazon.com
probably some bgg'er(s) selling on amazon after picking up lots of copies for $10 or less from HPB or the other discount retailer who has been clearing them out (sadly neither retailer has locations near me... not just this title but lots of z-man titles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fulfilled by Amazon though, which means it's eligible for free shipping or Prime shipping. I purchased this from the same third-party seller a month or so ago for the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this a good price for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Duchow
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
probably some bgg'er(s) selling on amazon after picking up lots of copies for $10 or less from HPB or the other discount retailer who has been clearing them out (sadly neither retailer has locations near me... not just this title but lots of z-man titles)

Don't feel too bad Jeff. I have 3 locations of HPB near me (i.e. within 2 hour drive) and have checked 2 of them since the posts first started showing. Only found a copy of Skyline at one once. Did get to pick up a copy of Glen More for $16.99 in VG to EX condition and a copy of TaYu for $9.99 in similar condition. The copy of Speicherstadt I got was through an online discount retailer mentioned on here some time back and was definitely worth the risk of making the purchase from such an "unknown" website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been somewhat keeping an eye on this for awhile waiting for a cheap price since I don't live near one of the magical stores where everyone seems to be getting this for about $10. Amazon's typical price for the past few months has hovered just under $20. Many third-party sellers have had it in the $16-18 range during that time. I noticed the regular Amazon price dropped to $16.99 a few days ago. I played the game a few times and really enjoyed it and would certainly grab it for $10. I'm not sure what my hesitation at $17 is -- I guess knowing there's a better price out there makes the bargain hunter in me want to hold out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
I've been somewhat keeping an eye on this for awhile waiting for a cheap price since I don't live near one of the magical stores where everyone seems to be getting this for about $10. Amazon's typical price for the past few months has hovered just under $20. Many third-party sellers have had it in the $16-18 range during that time. I noticed the regular Amazon price dropped to $16.99 a few days ago. I played the game a few times and really enjoyed it and would certainly grab it for $10. I'm not sure what my hesitation at $17 is -- I guess knowing there's a better price out there makes the bargain hunter in me want to hold out

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
nexbot wrote:
Is this a good price for this game?

I got it at $13 shipped, but I don't and didn't often see it at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game at a great price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
Great game at a great price.

At $17, or at $10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously $10 is even greater, but $17 is still a great price for this game. I bought it back when it was around $30 + shipping and I've gotten more than my money's worth in plays and now that I have the expansion, there's no sign of those plays slowing down.

I guess my point is that if you were on the fence about this game, grab it at $17, you can't go wrong. Even if it becomes readily available at $10 in several months, you'll still feel like you got your money's worth. Not worth the risk waiting for the price to drop again, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
its back to $16 again .... 3 left!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I un-deaded (probably not a word) the thread

Re-deaded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.