Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, apparently I got rid of a game that my group now "misses", but I don't know what game they are talking about, and they can't seem to remember either. (Couldn't have been that good could it? )

So... here's the description. It's kind of like Milestones and Principato but it's 100% for sure NOT those games.

There were cards that you drafted from the center of the table (like Principato), and you moved a worker around on your own player board (like in Milestones). There were no dice. There was no central "main" board for the game. Apparently, it also had honey... possibly?

I was 100% certain it was Principato or Milestones, but apparently, "It wasn't either one of those... at all." Also, it wasn't super heavy, but it's most likely a Euro.

Any ideas? I have been commanded to find out!

To sum up. Card drafting. No dice. No main board. Light to medium Euro. Personal player board where you moved a pawn to take actions. Not Milestones. Not Principato.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Philo
badge
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
mbmbmbmbmb
Alba Longa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
K_I_T wrote:

Nope. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Tournay ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
Tournay ?

Nope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf
Switzerland
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bear in mind that I know neither you nor your group. I just feel familiar with the problem. I might easily be wrong, but think about this:
I am willing to bet that it actually IS Milestones or Principato. Your group doesn't remember the game because they never bother, you are the one supplying them with new games and remembering everything for them. Maybe the rules, too?
How would they know that hey mixed up the two games in their heads?
My main reasons for this are that the first suggestion wasn't it, 9/10 times the geeks know on the first try.
And, more importantly: trust own your feelings, luke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am probably way off here, but

At the Gates of Loyang maybe?

I didn't see it in your previously owned games, and it doesn't exactly fit those descriptions, but it struck me as a possibility based on my own collection.

Good luck figuring it out (it sounds like your group may be a little cornfused. )

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
K_I_T wrote:

Nope. Thanks!

Hmm you had me till it's got honey. Are you sure it was a real game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
K_I_T wrote:

Nope. Thanks!

Hmm you had me till it's got honey. Are you sure it was a real game?

May be it's a joke played on OP by his group. That would be awesome.

Geki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest match that I could find with honey is The Hobbit. Has dice but I figure they are a minor component, and if the group forgot the name and are missing details, then maybe they have other details wrong as well. Here is a good summary to jog your memory: http://www.boardgame.de/reviews/thehob.htm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure of any games that sound like that. Do you have a previously owned games list? Not sure how large your previously owned games list is hehe, but maybe you can narrow it down there?

Also, do your friends know when they played it? Does your gaming group keep a track of games played? Maybe you can work it out via elimination that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it doesn't fit half your criteria, the game is definitely Ora et Labora

And if by some chance it isn't, you should convince your group that it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notre Dame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:

Awesome counter-joke: every time Joel gets a new game, no matter what it is, he reveals it to the group only after saying something like, "Remember that game you guys wanted me to get back? The one with the drafting, and the honey, and etc., etc.? Here it is!!"

And then he reveals Hey, That's My Fish! or Risk Legacy, or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
geki wrote:

Awesome counter-joke: every time Joel gets a new game, no matter what it is, he reveals it to the group only after saying something like, "Remember that game you guys wanted me to get back? The one with the drafting, and the honey, and etc., etc.? Here it is!!"

And then he reveals Hey, That's My Fish! or Risk Legacy, or something.

LMAO! Noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodens wrote:
Please bear in mind that I know neither you nor your group. I just feel familiar with the problem. I might easily be wrong, but think about this:
I am willing to bet that it actually IS Milestones or Principato. Your group doesn't remember the game because they never bother, you are the one supplying them with new games and remembering everything for them. Maybe the rules, too?
How would they know that hey mixed up the two games in their heads?
My main reasons for this are that the first suggestion wasn't it, 9/10 times the geeks know on the first try.
And, more importantly: trust own your feelings, luke.

This is exactly what I tried to tell them. But, they were 100% certain without a doubt that it was neither. I definitely think they have fused both games together into one game. I will use your anecdote as "evidence" that I was right

It actually does sound like a neat little game. Worker placement rondel to draft cards to build your tableau. Someone get on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
I'm not sure of any games that sound like that. Do you have a previously owned games list? Not sure how large your previously owned games list is hehe, but maybe you can narrow it down there?

Also, do your friends know when they played it? Does your gaming group keep a track of games played? Maybe you can work it out via elimination that way?

Ya. I am usually pretty good about marking Prev. Owned games Mercedes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Finca ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
Finca ?

Nope. Never played it. No one has been correct yet! I am now convinced that it's definitely a mis-remembering or Trajan... or PAX. I know. I haven't played either with particular group in some months... but there description defies my logic in naming those two games.

I'm almost certain it's Milestones at this point. What other game do you move a "dude" around on your own player board besides Milestones and Trajan (kind of).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There IS a game called Hornet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
There IS a game called Hornet

Ya. That was the first one I thought of when they mentioned "honey". But, I've never played it laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:

What other game do you move a "dude" around on your own player board besides Milestones and Trajan (kind of).

Village and Walnut Grove
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

What other game do you move a "dude" around on your own player board besides Milestones and Trajan (kind of).

Village and Walnut Grove

Hmmmm... Good choices. It MIGHT be one of these possibly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Village and Walnut Grove

Although both have a main board, and neither has any honey - that I'm aware of anyway....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Village and Walnut Grove

Although both have a main board, and neither has any honey - that I'm aware of anyway....

Ya. I think they are just forgetting what the main board looked like. I am almost positive there is no game in existence that has a personal player board where you draft cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.