United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had my Android table for about a year now. Makes it really nice at night to do a bit of surfing before turning out the lights. I also read a lot of history and enjoy being able to quickly delve deeper into something that might get just a mention in what I'm reading. I think my favorite use of it was when I was having minor back surgery I bought something on Ebay while waiting to go in.

One thing I hate are the browsers on my tablet. Maybe hate is a bit strong but I hate how it does bookmarks. My tablet came with Chrome which is nice but the way it does bookmarks is stupid. They're just icons on the page which I like but there is no way to sort them. Basically they're in the order I have bookmarked them and thus older bookmarks I have to scan several pages to get too.

I've tried Firefox which is my browser for my desktop PC and I love but it sucks in the tablet version plus it also doesn't let you sort bookmarks.

So I was curious as to what others use that might have better bookmark sorting abilities. Dolphin? Opera?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simpson
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought but you might be able to use the Firefox Sync option to sync with your PC. It might then sort them the same way as the PC has it?
Might be worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally don't like the Firefox tablet browser anyway. I can't tell you why exactly but I've tried it several times and just hated it. In terms of syncing I've thought of that but I have a ton of bookmarks on my PC all sorted in various folders that would be kind of a pain if I transferred them all over to the tablet browser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try Boat Browser. It has Fast dial as a starting page which you can manage as you wish and Favorites that can have folders. It's pretty fast, you can set User agent to "Desktop" so you can see pages as on desktop computers and not their mobile versions if you want to, and you can set flash to be loaded on demand so you can surf faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been trying out Boat and Opera but Boat adds ads to your screen. Opera looks pretty promising however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It adds ads (adsadsadsadslaugh) only while you look at Favorites. Nowhere else. Or am I doing something wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I use and like Dolphin, but you'll probably want to get the current beta version. Oddly, it seems more stable than the older version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using chrome on my android right now. I have easy access to my desktop bookmarks, compete with the folders of bookmarks hierarchy. Maybe that could work for you? Organize on your desktop but use them on your tab?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.