Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
i just wandering what does it mean? recently i saw those words a lot and i wander what do they mean. i of course know what review means but not so sure about session..... blush

thanks,
nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
A review is just what you'd expect: someone discussing a game and giving their opinion of the game along with reasons why they do or don't like it.

A session report (note that's "report" not "review") is a description of a play of the game: someone sat down with friends, strangers, and/or family, played the game, and afterwards wrote down what happened during the game.

Reviews will tell you what kind of game it is, what kinds of gamers it might appeal to, and details about the nature and quality of the board, pieces, rules, and so on. Session reports give you a notion of what the gameplay actually feels like, and can give you insight into how other people approach the strategy, tactics, and player interactions in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
thanks rick!

nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.