Duel of Ages II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lith / Achievement Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, finally got to get this on the table last weekend. Played 2 games - had a blast but even us DOA 1 veterans can come up with questions. Mine are about two of the Lith / Achievement cards:

1 - Taming the Beast. When trying to work out who the Beast was, do you include only the living Enemy characters? This card came out early in the game but then got parked in a vault. The character that was the beast (Mildred) was cruelly slaughtered in a hail of unwarranted Opfire (no points for guessing who's team Mildred was on). My opponent forgot about the Lith / Achievement card until later in the game when he checked his vault. He reasoned that you would work out who the beast was when you actually held the card with a character, not necessarily at the time you took ownership of it/saw it. Consequently, the beast at the time of the second possession wasn't Mildred - it was someone else. How should we have played it? Maybe you can achieve this one if the card is in your vault but not with a character? What if you drew the card after you had already killed the character that would have been the beast?

2 - Synchronise Watches. This requires that there are is at least one character on an adventure space in each of the four standard labyrinths at the start of your adventure phase. Our assumption is that this is meant to be 'allied characters' but there might be times when the enemy decide to park on an adventure space and stay there as a blocker. Did we assume right?

Great game though. A few quick comments while I'm here:
- I so want an electronic version - keeping track of all the equipment cards (especially when you use the encounters) is very daunting!
- the new map components fit together awesomely into a nice sturdy, homogenous board.
- the respect system for bringing characters on certainly speeds up the initial pace of the game (vs DOA1)!
- I was very impressed with how many characters I could immediately recognise from their new artwork - great job! Many of the others 'clicked' once I'd seen the character name and yes, there are a few where I went 'what the?'. But, given the quantity of characters, still an awesome job and I haven't finished reading the back stories!
- Brett, while you're chasing the electronic version (I wish, wish, wish), can you also chase up the voltronic insphincterator? I'm thinking one of those would be too cool also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taming the Beast -- Only one enemy character can be the Beast. If you already killed (not imprisoned) that enemy by the time you get this card, you cannot satisfy this Achievement. (This is one of a number of more subtle reasons for imprisoning over killing).

Synchronize Watches -- These must be allied characters.

The voltronic insphincterator is under review by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. It may be hard to come by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.