Subject: Barnes and Noble MARKED DOWN TO $1.00 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stopped by my local B&N and all the games that were 75% off are now $1.00. I picked up Super Munchkin, Colossal Arena, a card shuffler, 2 Poker Sets and Trivial Pursuit 90's Time Capsule. Total - $6.00+tax

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, if anyone gets Twilight Imperium for $1.00, what a score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez, and to think I paid $13.74 for Doom last week. I could have saved another $12...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward F
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just returned from my BN and it was pretty picked over. I grabed 2 copies of super munchkin, munckin bites, and Clone Wars risk for a buck each. not a bad deal, $100 in games for $4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone finds Return of the Heroes at that price, MESSAGE ME. I will more than compensate you for your $1 + shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Downin
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I grabbed Mutiny!, Super Munchkin, and Risk: Clone Wars. Not that I particularly wanted them, but heck for a dollar, it's not like I'm getting ripped off here. That was all that my B&N had left. Most of the games I got are probably going on to trade tables or eBay. The still had a copy of Mutiny and three Risk: Clone Wars. The rest of it was drek. Needless to say the two copies of AGoT and the single copy of Doom:TBG that I saw there on Monday for 75% off were gone, as were the 10 stacks of poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by one today that was completely cleaned out. Debating heading to the other (which had nothing of note when it was 50% off).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know of any Barnes and Nobles in the eastern Michigan area that are participating in this? Those prices are amazing!

I think there is a Barnes & Noble in the Lakeside area but I wouldnt be able to go there until Saturday/Sunday, how long is this sale going on for? I need more games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
robartin wrote:
Man, if anyone gets Twilight Imperium for $1.00, what a score!

I'd be very surprised if there were any left after the 75% markdown. Still, if anyone scores it please let us know so we can curse you. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Dustin Miller wrote:
I just stopped by my local B&N and all the games that were 75% off are now $1.00. I picked up Super Munchkin, Colossal Arena, a card shuffler, 2 Poker Sets and Trivial Pursuit 90's Time Capsule. Total - $6.00+tax

Yeah, I noticed a few things at that price but here in NYC it's...well, anybody need a STAR WARS EPISODE III 2 sided jigsaw puzzle???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree with Robert. I went to three NYC barnes and nobles and found nothing but crapola. I'm starting to believe that this was actually nothing but an urban myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No myth, man. I picked up Doom last week for $14.

Picked up 2 more copies today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

Where?

I visited and called the 3 B&N on LI - and none had any games...unless they were lying to me!

I was looking for 1) Descent and 2) WOTR and 3) A Clash of Kings...

See any of those anywhere?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
everlong205 wrote:
agree with Robert. I went to three NYC barnes and nobles and found nothing but crapola. I'm starting to believe that this was actually nothing but an urban myth.

John, we apparently just don't live right - I not only haven't seen any sale prices, I have yet to see a B&N anywhere in the 5 boroughs with a game deeper than APPLES TO APPLES...I wasn't interested in much other than TWILIGHT IMPERIUM 3, A GAME OF THRONES, and maybe WAR OF THE RING or some of the FFG Silvers, but sheesh - I'd like to feel I had the option...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
oldmanrivah wrote:
John, we apparently just don't live right - I not only haven't seen any sale prices, I have yet to see a B&N anywhere in the 5 boroughs with a game deeper than APPLES TO APPLES...

They never had any of those games here either. Not for full price, certainly not for 75% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if anyone has warhammer stuff at their B&N, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
well, I just 'got' "Cusyal", and "Purdy Reecan" at $1 apiece! swee-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Paul,

Where?

rt 110.

Nothing left now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rt 110...

Lying bastards -- I called 3 weeks ago, and last week, and they told me - no games....

sigh....can't trust anyone...

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
everlong205 wrote:

Oh, I'm so glad I didn't miss out on the opportunity. I almost made the trek down to visit a few of the Manhattan B&N's, but decided not to, figuring it would be picked over, glad to hear there weren't amazing games at amazing prices, otherwise I'd have been bummed; not that I'm not bummed that we don't get those sales here too..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing worth even a dollar in the College Station B&N... Not surprised, but I had to take a look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wemyss
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarvelNemesis wrote:
Does anybody know of any Barnes and Nobles in the eastern Michigan area that are participating in this? Those prices are amazing!

I think there is a Barnes & Noble in the Lakeside area but I wouldnt be able to go there until Saturday/Sunday, how long is this sale going on for? I need more games!

I went to the one by Lakeside last Friday. They had a table of 75% off but only thing that was marginally interesting was the Risk Star Wars(Clone Wars?). I didn't see any Fantasy Flight Games in the store at all. My buddy stopped by one on teh way home to Livonia and saw nothing of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by last night and they said their $1.00 games had all sold out. Luckily I found a copy of Doom that they forgot to put on the sale table, so I got that for $1.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I went to the one by Lakeside last Friday. They had a table of 75% off but only thing that was marginally interesting was the Risk Star Wars(Clone Wars?). I didn't see any Fantasy Flight Games in the store at all. My buddy stopped by one on teh way home to Livonia and saw nothing of interest.

Shucks, I wanted some more games! ;) If I'm over in Lakeside though I 'mise well check it out, I'll tell you if I see anything.

Although I'll probably take all the good games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Rt 110...

Lying bastards -- I called 3 weeks ago, and last week, and they told me - no games....

sigh....can't trust anyone...

Chris

Man, they lied bigtime. When it was 50% off they had Return Of Heroes, Mutiny, Colpssal Arena, Game Of Thrones, Clone Wars Risk... I waited those out.

I got a Doom at 75% off, and two more for $1 each. I picked up Collosal Arena at 75% off.

Never trust the phone people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.