Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
rules wrote:
Draw Stack

If less than 5 cards remain in the stack, the player takes just these.

End of Game

If a player can not draw any hand cards because the draw stack is used up, the game ends.

The other players may play their hand cards one after the other, i.e. put down, clear away or even destroy themselves - but not draw any more.

The word "may" in the last quoted part of the rules - suddenly the requirement to play a card (or clear away) has turned into the option to play a card. Is this intentional or just a poorly translated phrase?

Is this interpretation correct?

If a player must draw (because he has no cards) and there are 1 or more cards in the draw stack, play continues, but if there are 0 cards in the draw stack, then the end of game is triggered.

From then on, players with cards in their hand continue to take turns as normal. That is, they must play a card if possible (or clear away), otherwise they destroy themselves and discard their hand. Any discarded cards are not added to the draw deck (i.e. players don't start drawing cards again).

The game ends when every player has no cards left in their hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same in the german rules. It definitely is misleading and I think you intepret it the right way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for that. I know you're not confirming my interpretation, but it does make me more confident. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Cotovio
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same opinion
Just got the game today and had the same doubt when playing and I think this is the most correct option also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiao Bao
Germany
flag msg tools
thanks steve, i have another challenging question:

1. if end of game is triggered by one person (1 is out, 3 others still can play), the rest can still place, and what if the next person has no cards in the hands, but got 5 cards on the table can be cleared away. can he do that? or he needs to draw cards first? (well, no cards left, so game end for him, and rest people can play he cannot play anymore, am i understanding correctly?)

2. lets say, game does not end for him (so far, still only 1 is out, 3 others still can play), he could clear away cards, and then next turn, the others play, and the others keep putting cards on his table, and then he has accumulated 5 cards in a row on the table, can he still clear them away? (rule says: others can still play - clear, put down or destroy, but NOT draw cards)

thanks a lot. been puzzled for several days.

(:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.