United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently reintroduced to Warrior Knights. The expansion Warrior Knights: Crown and Glory so seamlessly adds depth and replayability to the game, I cannot imagine playing the game without it. Many of the guys I play games with have voiced their approval of this game. So I decided to buy a copy of it.

The base game you can get for $30-$40 new. Not too shabby.

The expansion, on the other hand, goes for $80+ because it's out of print. This seems exorbitant. No matter where I looked (amazon, eBay, BGG, etc), this game was hard to find and was going for a pretty penny.

So I thought I might trade for it. I have Eclipse for trade. Surely this would fetch me a copy of Crown and Glory. Nope. The asking prices for Crown and Glory exceeded even my offers to give up Eclipse.

Then I asked the right person. I asked
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
. He said he rarely played the game. He couldn't in good conscious ask me to mail him Eclipse (the postage would be considerable). So he mailed me his Crown and Glory for free, refusing even to allow me to pay for postage.

His generousity is of course greatly appreciated. Thank you, Moon Knight.

Then I was asked today by
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
if I would sell him En Garde! along with the cute En Garde!: Inconceivable! promo. I received the promo for free. I am already in the negative karma because of Moon Knight's recent gracious act. I told Knuckles I would send him En Garde for free.

I have found the BGG community to be an exceptional community. One that I am proud to be a member of. Not just because of this occurence; there have been other users who have made the community great. But I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone...

and to pay it forward in my own small way!

-Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
What a wonderful story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.