badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Counterattack
Faction: Jinteki
Type: Agenda
Subtype: Ambush
Advancement Requirement: 2
Agenda Value: 1
Text: When Counterattack is stolen, place 1 agenda counter on it for each advancement token on it over 2. Counterattack is worth 1 fewer agenda point for each agenda counter on it. This can reduce Counterattack's agenda value to less than 0 points.

So basically, if the runner steals Counterattack from Archives/R&D/HQ, or if it has 2 or less advancement tokens on it, or if you score it, it's worth 1 agenta point. However, if the runner steals it and it has 3 advancements on it, it'll be worth 0 points. If it has 4 advancements, it'll actually be worth -1 point. 5 advancements and it's -2 points, etc.

This hasn't actually been playtested; I just had this idea and I wanted to open a discussion about it. I also think it's in the realm of possibility that something similar would be officially released, eventually. So what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
It is a cool idea but you'd have to errata it in some way - cards aren't "active" in the Runner score area and wouldn't get the counters or have text really.

I suppose you could work it into the verbiage of the card though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, but the golden rule states that if a card breaks a rule, the card wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make DataDealer see a lot more use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
It is a cool idea but you'd have to errata it in some way - cards aren't "active" in the Runner score area and wouldn't get the counters or have text really.

kroen wrote:
the golden rule states that if a card breaks a rule, the card wins.

See cards like
or
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
beepers wrote:
Cool idea, but I'd rather kill the Runner with a Junebug than give them -1 Agendas points. (EDIT: Thought I suppose there is a certain advantage in being able to score it if the Runner sees it for what it is. The same can't be said about a Junebug.)

I think one day we'll see 0 point agendas that are scored for the advantages they confer. Then cards like Data Dealer will see play.

ladies and gentlemen of the jury, i ask you:

what's the difference between an agenda that has a when accessed ability or a ronin esque ability, and an agenda worth zero points?

i don't think there will ever be zero point agendas. the whole reason the agenda cardtype EXISTS is that they're worth points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards with 0 agenda points would make Archer, Jinteki:PE and DataDealer a *lot* better. I really don't think we'll ever see 0 agenda point cards for this reason, they would be practically auto-includes in Jinteki:PE running Archer.

Instead you have cards like Ronin for a 0 point agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like the standard "feed me to Archer" agenda with an ability you are never going to use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:

I suppose you could work it into the verbiage of the card though...

Where does it state that cards aren't active in the Runner score area? the only reference I've seen is if the card has the keyword "stolen" the card text only happens if the runner steals the card, but if the card text says "scored" it only happens if the corp scores the card.

I would imagine that a card with text on it would work just as easily in the runner score area as in the Corp score area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually thinking about the possibility of a 0 point agenda. Something like "Failed Project." It would like you forfeit the agenda when you score it to do something like, get money from it or use it some other way.

With the new cycle being all about bad publicity it could be something along the lines of"

"Failed Project: 2 cost 0 points
When scored you take one bad publicity and gain 5 credits.

If stolen, the corp loses one bad publicity and the runner must pay 5 credits, if unable they lose all credits."

This would a way to hurt the runners econ and will play with the new use of bad publicity. But something is missing to give this agenda more power, otherwise why play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren B
Venezuela
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmylegs wrote:
I was actually thinking about the possibility of a 0 point agenda. Something like "Failed Project." It would like you forfeit the agenda when you score it to do something like, get money from it or use it some other way.

I had that very same thought...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/976859/0-point-agendas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.