Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian A
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I walked into my local Barnes and Noble to nonchalantly glance at some of the women's fashion magazines when other men weren't looking and found some incredible deals!

Just a few examples:

They had Die Macher and Up Front for $1 each, buy one get one free.

They had a table full of Alea big box games with the offer "Buy Puerto Rico and get all the rest except Mammoth Hunters free!"

They offered to collect and preserve my unborn infant's cord blood for only $1.50.

They had 2,800 copies of Monopoly: The All-New Monopoly-Themed Edition for $.23 each.

I would have stayed longer, but a few guys with name badges I couldn't quite read carried all my stuff to the register and started shoving copies of Slapshot and the original Modern Art into my jacket pockets and ushering me toward the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, and when I got to my Barnes and Noble, it was all picked over already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Propo Pod wrote:
I walked into my local Barnes and Noble to nonchalantly glance at some of the women's fashion magazines when other men weren't looking and found some incredible deals!

Just a few examples:

They had Die Macher and Up Front for $1 each, buy one get one free.

They had a table full of Alea big box games with the offer "Buy Puerto Rico and get all the rest except Mammoth Hunters free!"

They offered to collect and preserve my unborn infant's cord blood for only $1.50.

They had 2,800 copies of Monopoly: The All-New Monopoly-Themed Edition for $.23 each.

I would have stayed longer, but a few guys with name badges I couldn't quite read carried all my stuff to the register and started shoving copies of Slapshot and the original Modern Art into my jacket pockets and ushering me toward the door.

:Eric Cartman:

DAMMIT!!

I hate you uys...I really, really hate you guys...

Unless you're buying me a copy of DIE MACHER and maybe PUERTO RICO (what's the price on that?) and sending them out, in which case I will wait until they arrive to hate you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Mamula
United States
Oakmont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local Barnes & Nobel had some game called Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage for $1. Is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stas wrote:
My local Barnes & Nobel had some game called Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage for $1. Is it worth it?

Nahhh... wait for them to slash the price again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS UDBY
United States
SPOKANE
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Propo Pod wrote:

Meh. Wal*Mart will do it for 75¢, and they'll throw in your choice of a free ultra-sound or a lime Slushie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
javelin98 wrote:
Propo Pod wrote:

Meh. Wal*Mart will do it for 75¢, and they'll throw in your choice of a free ultra-sound or a lime Slushie!

And would you like fries with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Well, I just went to our local B&N and picked up 6 copies of TI3 and 4 copies of WotR for $1 each. Maybe not as freaky as yours, but hey... works for me.

I wish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the Barnes and Nobles in my part of the country are different. I went to two different store locations looking for these "incredible deals" but found nothing of the sort.

While they did carry most of the games you all mentioned, they were only offering them as what they called a "buffet game sale." Basically, you spend $24.99 to buy a pass to the game buffet bar (seems a little steep to me) and then you can make unlimited trips to and from your car with your arms loaded up with games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any stores in California even carry games??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Oh yeah? Well, Barnes & Noble came to my house tonight and dropped off my nine copies of TI3, my 13 copies of Doom, and my 57 copies of Descent. And they didn't charge me anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Verkisto wrote:
Oh yeah? Well, Barnes & Noble came to my house tonight and dropped off my nine copies of TI3, my 13 copies of Doom, and my 57 copies of Descent. And they didn't charge me anything.

Right on! I called about this deal and they are now including 3 free Russian women with all those games! I was like, Right on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Lustig
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man! The only deal at my local Barnes & Noble was some crappy looking game called Wiz War 2006 Edition. If they think $14.99 is a deal for a game about watersports, they're clearly mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Verkisto wrote:

You guys are pikers - they finally did a "sale" here in NYC - basically, they paid me 5 bucks a pop to let them deliver their entire warehouse inventory...and the deliveryperson was Jessica Alba...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Luthien wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

Right on! I called about this deal and they are now including 3 free Russian women with all those games! I was like, Right on!

Damn it! They told me that would be the deal NEXT week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if these deals are going on in the Eastern Michigan area? Such as the [Edit] Barnes & Noble Booksellers in
Shelby Township

Also, how long are these deals going on for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you forgot to mention the copies of Full Metal Planete they were able to unearth and charged $1.75 for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
mb
They just came back to my house to apologize for not delivering my 3 free Russian girls. Instead, they gave me three copies of Poisson d'Avril.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked your calender, April 1st isn't here yet dude.

Besides, I got those games already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I went looking for TI3 and War of the Ring, but all I could find was something called Sid Meier's Pirates!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Brian! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a similar deal, plus free postage to Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are sooooo lucky. A huge B&N tractor-trailer pulled up at my house this evening to deliver to me hundreds and hundreds of games I never ordered.

Unfortunately, while I was wandering through what had become a forest of tall towers of games on pallets, one of the towers fell, crushing me beneath the immense weight of some 4,000 copies of assorted Cranium games. Although knocked unconscious for several hours, when I came to I did manage to get one of my legs loose. But in doing so, I toppled over about 2 tons of Scattagories onto still prone body. I did manage to keep breathing despite the terrible weight on my chest that was crushing my rib cage. That is, until the stack of Monopoly Wood Nostalgia Games landed on my cranium. Not the game, the one with my brain in it. Now I'm dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, you guys probably won't believe this, but my local B&N totally just had a huge going-out-of-business sale, moved all their inventory out the door, sold the building, purchased and liquidated all the company shares, then gave me a Funagain.Com gift certificate for the value of the entire corporation and the cash in the registers! Guess it was some kind of promo on that Michael MacDonald DVD I purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.