Subject: Don't make this mistake!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Perry
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Right now you are wiser than you've ever been... and younger than you'll ever be!
mbmbmbmbmb
So... after 12 plays... we finally decided something was lacking with this game.

"I mean it all seems to come down to whether you have the right piece in the "X" spot so you can go forward and get the brief case back to your country."

"Hey... is that where it should end up?"

DOH!!!
yukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyuk
TABLE FLIP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!
surprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

If only there was a way I could have known that before playing... oh wait...

I was so fascinated with the concept of the game that I managed to keep convincing people to try it and then just assuming that all would become more interesting after we had played enough! That is a strong testimony to the cleverness of this game's design!

It is a FAAAARRRRR better game when you have to get the briefcase to your opponent's side of the board! I made an intuitive mistake... it seems LIKE you would want to get the briefcase back to your country... but that is wrong... so very very very wrong!

Now we will probably play with the Russian pieces starting in the US and vice-versa. Then thematically the spies are trying to get home!

Mad props to my gaming friends who were willing to follow me in a ridiculous path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, your post is a little... erratic. So you wanted to go forward and then back with the briefcase, is that the problem you had?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Perry
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Right now you are wiser than you've ever been... and younger than you'll ever be!
mbmbmbmbmb
Linkor wrote:
I'm sorry, your post is a little... erratic. So you wanted to go forward and then back with the briefcase, is that the problem you had?

Yes. We have a playground game here called "steal the bacon." That is what this "variant" felt like. I do not recommend trying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I JUST DID THE SAME THING TODAY!!!

Hahahaha.

Yeah, luckily my opponent flipped through the rules and noticed my screw up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.