Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Culture of Gay Rape Responsible for Martin's Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not expect anything truth to be associated with the odious wanker. As to what Martin may have felt, was any of this raised in court? If not it is just a grieving girl trying to come to terms with a tragic (and unnecessary) loss.


Also Martin did not profile him, she did.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, Rachel Jeantel, was on CNN with that dipshit British guy last night and told him that she thought Zimmerman might have been a gay rapist.

Quote:
MORGAN: You felt that there was no doubt in your mind from what Trayvon was telling you on the phone about the creepy ass cracka and so on, that he absolutely believed that George Zimmerman, this man, you didn't know who he was at the time, but this man, was pursuing him?

JEANTEL: Yes.

MORGAN: And he was freaked out by it?

JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely after I say may be a rapist, for every boy, for every man, every -- who's not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out?

She continued:

"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."


You read that right. Trayvon didn't want that creepy ass gay rapist cracker to get at his little brother. He profiled the White-Hispanic man and hunted him down because he suspected that Zimmerman wanted to rape him and/or his little brother.

Why did Martin profile Zimmerman like that? Was Zimmerman wearing a Catholic priest's collar? Was he driving a van with "Free Candy" written on the side?


From what I've heard and read, Martin's family largely has this person to blame if they thought Zimmerman should have been convicted. She's an embarrassment.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!

Even though the woman is a racist idiot, there is an underlying point here about how when we over-sensitize ourselves to certain crimes we may have inappropriate responses to otherwise unrelated behaviors. I don't know what went on between Zimmerman and Martin, but I don't think it's a stretch to think the worst when some strange guy is following you down a dark street, whether you are male, female, black or white. It goes back to the fact that unless you wear the government-sanctioned uniform for people legally allowed to use force, others are not going to "respect your authority" and will identify you as a real and present danger when you act in a threatening or menacing fashion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!

Even though the woman is a racist idiot, there is an underlying point here about how when we over-sensitize ourselves to certain crimes we may have inappropriate responses to otherwise unrelated behaviors. I don't know what went on between Zimmerman and Martin, but I don't think it's a stretch to think the worst when some strange guy is following you down a dark street, whether you are male, female, black or white. It goes back to the fact that unless you wear the government-sanctioned uniform for people legally allowed to use force, others are not going to "respect your authority" and will identify you as a real and present danger when you act in a threatening or menacing fashion.
The irony is I can recall stories of exactly this kind. Change the 'victim' from black youth the single female and suddenly fear of a stance bloke following you is a justified reason to be afraid. It bollocks then and it's bollocks now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teenager dates crazy girl. More at 11.
11 
 Thumb up
0.03
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.

Details, details. You are getting in the way of smearing a dead guy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.


Read the last quoted paragraph in the op.
Sorry I read the text of what she said.

The last paragraph "And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.


Read the last quoted paragraph in the op.
Sorry I read the text of what she said.

The last paragraph "And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."

Come on slater, you are messing up a perfectly good put up job on Martin. Since Zimmerman was not convicted, it's open season on the dead guy now.

BTW, how many threads per month do you post, better get that count up or Darilian will come accost you for picking on poor little BJ, just a warning.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.


Read the last quoted paragraph in the op.
Sorry I read the text of what she said.

The last paragraph "And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."

Come on slater, you are messing up a perfectly good put up job on Martin. Since Zimmerman was not convicted, it's open season on the dead guy now.

BTW, how many threads per month do you post, better get that count up or Darilian will come accost you for picking on poor little BJ, just a warning.
About 1 I should ay.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad, but telling that many don't believe much that this girl said, except for the cracker part, and now I guess this rapist thing. But even in this, she repeatedly says 'I told' and such showing that the idea was hers.

People believe what they want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
From what I've heard and read, Martin's family largely has this person to blame if they thought Zimmerman should have been convicted. She's an embarrassment.


I've watched a lot of her testimony.

It's a fascinating study of how to ruin the entire world's view of a subculture by actively exemplifying all the worst of its stereotypes.

They should never have let her on the stand.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
SHe left that part out in the trial, it explains why he didn't go back to his house!


It's a good thing there weren't any other gay-looking guys walking around Sanford that night. Zimmerman might have saved them from a random hate-beating at the hands of Martin.
Again, it was not Martin who said he was gay, it was his girlfriend.


Read the last quoted paragraph in the op.
Sorry I read the text of what she said.

The last paragraph "And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."


I didn't think I'd have to spell it out quite so clearly. I should have remembered who I was talking to. I know WereJerBear is just being intentionally obtuse. I suspect you aren't.

"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."
She does not say he said that, that is her justification of his actions. At no time does she say he thought he was a rapist, until she told him he might be (and even then she never says the he ever accused Zimmerman of being a rapist).

RACHEL JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely, after I say ‘may be a rapist,’ for every boy, for every man, every — who’s not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out? … And people need to understand, he didn’t want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend’s house to go get — mind you, his little brother was there. You know — now, mind you, I told you — I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist.

She is saying that "I told him that the big white guy might be a rapist and it freaked him out".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
was a little harmless bullshit sensationalist post mortem smearing amongst friends?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Yes Steven, she may have put the idea in his head, but he acted on it.
So he did not do the profiling, someone else did. He was then misled by that into carrying out an ill advised act (assuming of course he believed her, and did not just confront him about his following him). If someone was following you would you not ask them why (even if you did not assume they were a rapist)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
Chigwell, Essex, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've thumbed this thread purely for the masterfully conceived title.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Yes Steven, she may have put the idea in his head, but he acted on it.


BJ, I know your purpose here is to satirize and provoke outraged reactions, but this makes it look like you actually believe what you wrote.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
It's a fascinating study of how to ruin the entire world's view of a subculture by actively exemplifying all the worst of its stereotypes.

I find it fascinating just watching the PC crowd trying to navigate through the mine field they ran into. They should have let the whole matter drop when Zimmernan turned out to be hispanic. Instead, they doubled down and created an entirely new race for people to despise--the white hispanic--and it's been downhill ever since.

It occurred to me we could end all racism by simply declaring everyone to be white: white-asian, white-african, white-native american. etc. Then when someone kills someone else it would just be murder...or manslaughter...how 'bout aggravated assault?...would you believe child abuse? Not Guilty?! You white-whites are all a bunch of racist bastards!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Gialmere wrote:
It occurred to me we could end all racism by simply declaring everyone to be white...

Jesus, like there's not enough 80s nights as it is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
It's a fascinating study of how to ruin the entire world's view of a subculture by actively exemplifying all the worst of its stereotypes.

I find it fascinating just watching the PC crowd trying to navigate through the mine field they ran into. They should have let the whole matter drop when Zimmernan turned out to be hispanic. Instead, they doubled down and created an entirely new race for people to despise--the white hispanic--and it's been downhill ever since.

It occurred to me we could end all racism by simply declaring everyone to be white: white-asian, white-african, white-native american. etc. Then when someone kills someone else it would just be murder...or manslaughter...how 'bout aggravated assault?...would you believe child abuse? Not Guilty?! You white-whites are all a bunch of racist bastards!
One of the ironies of race prejudiced is that no amount of white stops you from being black.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
This thread is completely idiotic, so here's a photo of Trayvon Martin on a horse:



How'd he get with Sarah Jessica Parker?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.