Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading the rules and I'm not seeing the answer to these questions, and I'm feeling kinda stupid that I can't.

1. When the rules refer to the Courtyard, what is it referring to? Is it all the buildings? It seems like it just starts talking about the Courtyard with no introduction whatsoever. Is it the area with the compass on it?

2. I must have missed this, but do you discard the minions back into the bag once you use them to create catapults seige towers, etc?

Thanks!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Myoman wrote:
I have been reading the rules and I'm not seeing the answer to these questions, and I'm feeling kinda stupid that I can't.

1. When the rules refer to the Courtyard, what is it referring to? Is it all the buildings? It seems like it just starts talking about the Courtyard with no introduction whatsoever. Is it the area with the compass on it?

The compass area. There should be a graphic explaining what each part of the board is.

Quote:
2. I must have missed this, but do you discard the minions back into the bag once you use them to create catapults seige towers, etc?

Thanks!!!!

Out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you identify the page the courtyard is on? I don't see it it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb

In the rules PDF, it doesn't show the Courtyard as a compass, but in the real game it is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
[q="Myoman"]
Quote:

Out of the game.

Thanks for this. The new rules say they get returned "to the supply", which implies they can still be used in some way. But I guess there is no such thing as 'the supply' for the invaders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rahdo wrote:
Thanks for this. The new rules say they get returned "to the supply", which implies they can still be used in some way. But I guess there is no such thing as 'the supply' for the invaders...

The idea of "the supply" was top create an off-board region were all pieces were kept. It is distinct from "the bag." While we thought it might help clarify things, it has caused additional confusion.

However, we have defined supply as next tot he board in several places in the rules. We were also clear in the Assault section that the supply is not the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, supply is for things like the drill sergeant (anything else that draws from the supply for invaders?)

edit: escape the knife is another one. damn there's a lot to remember in this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.