Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of our games... as always(or often) we use 4 investigators, using draft 3 Pick then all random (AO, Herald, Guardian and Institution), Playing with all expansions with all Expansion boards

AO was Yibb-Tstll and unluckily we got both Dagon and Hyra as Heralds.
There's no need tell who was our investigators, guardian and Institution are because it doesn't matter anyway.

The Game:

Beginning Mythos: A gate opens at Innsmouth (Devil reef) with a monster

Turn 1
2 Investigators run at Curiosity Shop and the other 2 investigators grab clues at locations.

Mythos Phase: A gate opens at Innsmouth again (Y'ha-nthlei) w/ a monster

Turn 2
Our Investigators do blah blah blah

Mythos Phase: Strange Sightings! Oh MY! Ouch Ouch

Turn 3
Upkeep, Movement and Encounter Phase: Blah Blah Blah

Mythos Phase: Another Strange Sightings!!!!! gulp

Deep one rising track full!!!!!! (more than 6 actually)!
Yibb-Tstll is awaken with -16 combat modifier....

Please tell us how we scratch that.

Shortest and Fastest game Indeed..
and also we can say that it was also the most unluckysoblue and most crueldevil session ever.

It seems we take more time in set up than playing LOL!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Jamieson
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shortest/Fastet game ever!!! The Game Ends at Turn 3!!
On the bright side you now have time to play another game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 players: turn 1 "a Gate and a Monster appear"; turn two "a Gate and a Monster appear" twice! Game over. WTF?! Setup took longer than the game!

I feel your pain. But as resCube says, at least you can go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and that is why my variant for Innsmouth has the Deep Ones Tokens added to the Track only when monsters enter the vortices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
...and that is why my variant for Innsmouth has the Deep Ones Tokens added to the Track only when monsters enter the vortices.
I call Nerf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that game, after turn 1. Two of our investigators (a fighter and an informer) rush to innsmouth to deal with that problem ASAP. but the fighter just ended at Falcon Point when the awakening happens.

We realized that if we got Silas as one of our investigator maybe we did prevent those monsters from moving through the vortex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
potato, po-tah-toh; Nerf, survival...
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feffe Aldritch
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Do you ever win the game when playing with all expansions?
I can´t see how you ever have a chance to cover all that area.
I t has to be many loose ends as I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with all expansion is much easier than with only one expansion, due to decreased chance of something coming to fruition. Everything gets started up, nothing gets finished (deep ones, rifts, dunwich horror...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feffe,

I play with all expansions and have maintained a 60%-75% win rate. Now, having said that, I have my own Variant which I've provided on other threads and thanks to mccrispy, who provided me with the guidance on how to create my own page here on BGG, I'll post it there, as a number of Arkhamites have asked for a copy when they couldn't find it amongst the thousands of posts.

In short, if you play 4 Investigaotrs by the strictest reading of the rules, you're bound to have a very low win percentage. I thoroughly enjoy all of the expansions, which is why I've taken the time to slowly calibrate the level of difficulty to remain consistent with four Investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feffe wrote:
Do you ever win the game when playing with all expansions?
I can´t see how you ever have a chance to cover all that area.
I t has to be many loose ends as I see it.

Of course we do.

With 8 investigators, it is a bit easy...

But with 4 investigators, it is bit hard but challenging...

In our experience, with 4 Investigators you really need luck and good investigator (like wendy, mandy or patrice) to win. In these games most of the time the acts cards gives a lot of pressure and sometimes a wrong call allowing it would result a huge factor of a game loss. Of course we are using the miskatonic act cards, because if you are using the old act cards it is like you are not using it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Feffe,

In short, if you play 4 Investigators by the strictest reading of the rules, you're bound to have a very low win percentage. I thoroughly enjoy all of the expansions, which is why I've taken the time to slowly calibrate the level of difficulty to remain consistent with four Investigators.

About the rules, I always double check every time, my playmates sometimes complaining against me because by being a Rule Geek, that makes our game a bit longer. But still they choose to follow me because they knew they always misrule something without me.

In our experience, having with 4 investigators with all expansion we got about 55-65% of winning, so I won't call it "a very low win percentage".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.