United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dex
TS Protocol Engage
Criminal
Bioroid

Dex begins the game with "Thrill Seeker" installed.

45/6

"Dex was created by Haas-Bioroid as the ultimate fun-seeking experiment. He was supposed to revolutionize advertising, instead he went rogue after seeing Gabriel Santiago on NBN's smash vid "Cyber-Bandits"".

Thrill Seeker
7$
+1 MU
Criminal - 4 Inf
Hardware - Console
When your turn begins look at the top card of your Stack. Then select and execute one of the following.

-Pay 3$ and add it to your Grip
-Discard it and pay 1$ to make a Run
-Place it back where it was

A Runner not named Dex who uses this card suffers 1 Brain Damage when it is installed.

One of my biggest questions is if these should be Criminal or Shaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I'm starting to realize that too. The original reason he was a criminal was an elaborate backstory involving him romancing the idea of being a robin-hood type.

But being a funbot, that does seem shapery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Well, I can see why you'd make it a Criminal console with those abilities, but the brain damage line screams Anarch.

Also, instead of forcing lots of runners out of the loop with the brain damage, this could be a good time to showcase the different classifications of runner. Maybe non-bioroids and non-cyborgs could suffer this damage instead of everyone but Dex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it. What's so wonderful about the Thrill Seeker ? Please explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
I don't get it. What's so wonderful about the Thrill Seeker ? Please explain.

If you have more money than time, you can buy an extra click worth of draw for $3. If you don't need the card, you can cycle it for $1 and the risk of running. If you want to run and don't mind giving up $1 and your top card, you can buy a run click for $1. If you don't want to do any of these things, you still start as this ID with an extra MU.

There are tons of ways this little gizmo could be useful. I love the name for it too - very appropriate to its feel to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for me, I suppose. I rarely run on the first click, after the first few turns. And I would never pay 3 credits for an extra draw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
wakkowolf wrote:
Well, I can see why you'd make it a Criminal console with those abilities, but the brain damage line screams Anarch.

Also, instead of forcing lots of runners out of the loop with the brain damage, this could be a good time to showcase the different classifications of runner. Maybe non-bioroids and non-cyborgs could suffer this damage instead of everyone but Dex.

I like the suggestion about classifications. Maybe cyborgs take 1 net damage, all else (but bioroids) take 1 brain.

Also, the 3 credit draw is for incredibly important cards that could give you a significant boon for the turn, it's high cost is to discourage constant drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Maybe we can take a page from the M:tG card, Wild Research. Instead of paying so much for an extra draw, you incur a little risk. How about pay 1 cred to draw, then suffer 1 net damage? Seems to fit the namesake, imo. You can go nuts with it and Wyldside though. Seeing three cards per turn while lowering the odds of losing anything you'd want to play is pretty godlike.

I thought about making the damage unpreventable with Net Shield existing, but having Net Shield in play just becomes an MU and credit tax. I would be cool with the two working together and making a draw 2 creds a piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's not actually a half-bad idea. Suffer 1 Net Damage and pay 1$ to draw it. Or, draw it, show opponent and then immediately suffer 1 Net Damage. hmmm

I like the first one better, but the second is interesting in that it's free but you could lose it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.