Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Posted here because I don't think there's a Pixel Tactics 3 forum.

Isn't the leader ability often going to be beneficial to your opponent? If I understand the rules correctly, it lets them recruit someone in Wave 1 and then attack with them in a subsequent wave. I appreciate that it makes it harder for them to recruit a replacement blocker for their leader - unless they manage to have a Hero or Corpse directly behind their leader, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it does seem like a mixed blessing.

On the other hand, Vanguard abilities tend to be best for attacking. If you lead with Udstad, your opponent *has* to make their first few recruitments with support abilities. I also wonder whether we'll see more 'niche' leader abilities in Pixel Tactics 3, if it's designed to be used in deckbuilding.

Also, probably not a coincidence that Udstad has relatively beefy personal stats. I would expect him to do a lot more personal face-punching than a lot of leaders do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can recruit and then restructure right after. Sure, it wastes a turn, but if you're lacking support characters and you really want one character up front...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.