Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Lewis & Clark» Forums » General

Subject: GenCon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was just wondering if Lewis & Clark will be demoed and/ or sold at GenCon?

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédrick Chaboussit
France
Niort
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, L&C will be demoed at the Game Salute booth by Cédric & AnneC. You'll have to come / book early because only 1 or 2 boxes will be there.

Thanks for your interest.

EDIT: The boxes will be for demo, the game release is due for Essen
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to be demoed at GenCon, but its official release will be at Essen.

EDIT: Hate it when designers beat me to the punch!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Todd_22 wrote:
I was just wondering if Lewis & Clark will be demoed and/ or sold at GenCon?

Thanks!


Hi guys!

We shall be at Game Salute area (Hall D, next to D&D area) tomorrow

Friday 16th from 2.00 p.m. To the end of the afternoon

to make demos of Lewis and Clark with two prototype of the game.
If you want to play, come and stop by. We are looking forward make you discover this great game. Please let us know if anyone is interested by posting in this thread.

Anne-Cécile and Cédric (the guys with purple sweat-shirts)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does that require generic tickets? Or is it free?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Todd,
This is free.

Anne-Cécile
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would like to demo it. I am free at 2p and don't have an event until 3:30p.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and demoing Lewis & Clark!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Great! See you then!
Anne-Cécile
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
caleb G.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chabousse wrote:


EDIT: The boxes will be for demo, the game release is due for Essen


if it comes out at essen when will i be able to buy it in the states?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterMidori96 wrote:
Chabousse wrote:


EDIT: The boxes will be for demo, the game release is due for Essen


if it comes out at essen when will i be able to buy it in the states?


If Z-Man picks it up, October 2015.

In all seriousness, I was at GenCon on Thursday, with a one-day badge and I asked lots of people at the Game Salute Booth about this game and I got an equal number of blank stares. I am sorry I missed the game and this message until I returned home.

Those who played it . . . any good?

Peace,
Bob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aquabob79 wrote:
MasterMidori96 wrote:
Chabousse wrote:


EDIT: The boxes will be for demo, the game release is due for Essen


if it comes out at essen when will i be able to buy it in the states?


If Z-Man picks it up, October 2015.

In all seriousness, I was at GenCon on Thursday, with a one-day badge and I asked lots of people at the Game Salute Booth about this game and I got an equal number of blank stares. I am sorry I missed the game and this message until I returned home.

Those who played it . . . any good?

Peace,
Bob


I hope that comment about Z-Man and 2015 was said in jest cuz that would really suck and with Z-Man's track record over the last year I hope they do not pick this game up. I'd rather Game Salute pick this game up and distribute it here in the states. At least I feel I'd have an honest chance of getting a copy of it then without any real ebay or amazon price gouging.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
caleb G.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aquabob79 wrote:
MasterMidori96 wrote:
Chabousse wrote:


EDIT: The boxes will be for demo, the game release is due for Essen


if it comes out at essen when will i be able to buy it in the states?


If Z-Man picks it up, October 2015.

In all seriousness, I was at GenCon on Thursday, with a one-day badge and I asked lots of people at the Game Salute Booth about this game and I got an equal number of blank stares. I am sorry I missed the game and this message until I returned home.

Those who played it . . . any good?

Peace,
Bob




That is lame

There are only three games that were at gencon this year that was basically an instant buy for me when they were out for distribution. So I guess I will probably only be getting two of those soon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute had it in Hall E, just not in the exhibitor hall. They gave me blank stares too, and one person in the exhibit hall looked at me and rudely said "That's not us, we don't do that game." Clearly the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

I found the game and also SOS Titanic. Both were AWESOME.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
Game Salute had it in Hall E, just not in the exhibitor hall. They gave me blank stares too, and one person in the exhibit hall looked at me and rudely said "That's not us, we don't do that game." Clearly the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

I found the game and also SOS Titanic. Both were AWESOME.

I also played Lewis and Clark in the exhibit hall at the Game Salute booth with reps from Ludonaute and I agree with Derek - the game is awesome. It's the one game at Gen Con I cannot stop thinking about and I really wish I had gotten to play it more than once. I'll be watching out for a pre-order.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, Game Salute?

So the game will be unavailable to much of the world (or priced 2x or 3x what a game should cost). Brilliant. shake

Really wish you guys would reconsider, their policies will kill a bunch of your potential sales. And their "sales force" at Gen Con above did wonders for you as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Steve,

I am sorry but I do not understand why you said that the cost of the game will be twice the normal price... The game will be available in the US at the same price as in Europe. Regarding the other countries, it will depend on the other distributors but it does not depends on Game Salute.
Anne-Cécile
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means that Game Salute will not discount the game to the same levels as would CoolStuffInc, MiniatureMarket, etc., if they are the sole distributor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
Anne-Cecile,

Game Salute does not sell games to online stores unless those stores promise not to discount the games (I think), so it makes it more expensive for Americans to buy Game Salute games than similarly retail priced games from publishers other than Game Salute.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer. I know that Game Salute does not sell to online stores that discount the games too much. I had really questions as to this issue. I decided to trust Dan Yarrington (Game Salute) regarding his policy towards the online shops since he knows better than me the American market. Moreover I would be inclined to support brick and mortar stores that respect the Recommended Retail Price we give.
Maybe I am mistaken, and all the gaming business will soon be only online. I hope not, but no one knows...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in the US.

So Game Salute polices usually make a game only available directly from them. That means paying full MSRP, plus inflated shipping charges (often close to matching the price of the game), and often border and duty charges on top of that. That's where the double and triple comes from.

None of these things happen when you use a normal distributor.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute offers several levels of distribution and publishing services. See their site for details. However, when they are the only source for a game online, which they often are, then there is no competition, and sales suffer.

I understand that they are attempting to change the industry, but the result is often less than pleasant for consumers, due to increased costs for comparable games. I have ordered games from them on multiple occasions, but I understand why some people do not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer. I know that Game Salute does not sell to online stores that discount the games too much. I had really questions as to this issue. I decided to trust Dan Yarrington (Game Salute) regarding his policy towards the online shops since he knows better than me the American market. Moreover I would be inclined to support brick and mortar stores that respect the Recommended Retail Price we give.
Maybe I am mistaken, and all the gaming business will soon be only online. I hope not, but no one knows...


The sales statistics for online versus brick and mortar should be available from various sources. I believe you will find that the vast majority of game sales occur online these days, at least in the US.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.