Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Myriad Games, NH = AWESOME rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in eastern Canada, we have a few really good game stores. None carried, though, a couple of games I was looking for.

I could send away, but shipping to Canada is inexplicably horrendous. Posting here on BGG, I asked if stores in Maine or NH might carry the games. Myriad Games, in Salem and Manchester NH was suggested to me.

When I contacted them, they tracked down one game in their warehouse, and the other in their Manchester store. they suggested sending both to their Salem store, and holding them there for a month (just on request), until this Canadian made a trip to their area.

They, IMO, went above and beyond here, and really impressed me. Paying them back with 5 mins of my time to express their awesomeness here on BGG is a great deal!

Check them out...I will repeatedly!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they discounted like my other FLGS when I'm in Florida (ie. Cool Stuff)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
Indeed, both Myriad locations have a fantastic selection of games, and they provide great customer service. I wish the stores near me in North Carolina were as good as Myriad, but I still visit NH every few months and make a trip to Myriad nearly every time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
100% agreed. That's my happy place.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it worked out! And I agree Myriad is awesome.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive had nothing but good experiences with Myriad. I used to live in Haverhill (a short trip to the salem store) and played D&D at the manchester store, now that im working in NH, im getting back to manchester tonight and weeks going forward for some fun RPG action.

That said, my only grip has been the new layout of the Salem store. A lot of table space to play games, but few games to actually buy. I went in 2 months ago or so looking for some games that I knew were there prior to the layout, and most of them had been moved to the warehouse, and I was told that they could get them into the store the next day. If I had still lived close by, it wouldnt have been an issue, but an hour+ drive is a bit much to make return trips if something was stored offsite. Most of my purchases come from browsing games in the store, so not having that option put a damper on the salem location.

That said, Manchester is still awesome.

And the service at both is great. many times ive bought a game only to get an email a few days later saying some form of promo came in for the game I just bought, and asking if I wanted it.

They reserved games for me, ordered specific things, and even tracked down some hard to find stuff as well.

All in all, a great set of stores.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soares
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in MA and both Myriad shops are roughly an hour away from me. Whenever I'm in the mood to go to a hobby shop, I take the ride up there instead of going to closer shops infested with the stench of sweat and unwashed ass of MtG players. I'm not saying all MtG players fit this description, but the ones from those shops I avoid in MA do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and don't forget no general sales tax in NH so buy lots of games to help us out (and pick up some cheap booze too from our State run liquor stores, I do!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
twitchsey wrote:
Ive had nothing but good experiences with Myriad. I used to live in Haverhill (a short trip to the salem store) and played D&D at the manchester store, now that im working in NH, im getting back to manchester tonight and weeks going forward for some fun RPG action.

That said, my only grip has been the new layout of the Salem store. A lot of table space to play games, but few games to actually buy. I went in 2 months ago or so looking for some games that I knew were there prior to the layout, and most of them had been moved to the warehouse, and I was told that they could get them into the store the next day. If I had still lived close by, it wouldnt have been an issue, but an hour+ drive is a bit much to make return trips if something was stored offsite. Most of my purchases come from browsing games in the store, so not having that option put a damper on the salem location.

That said, Manchester is still awesome.

And the service at both is great. many times ive bought a game only to get an email a few days later saying some form of promo came in for the game I just bought, and asking if I wanted it.

They reserved games for me, ordered specific things, and even tracked down some hard to find stuff as well.

All in all, a great set of stores.


Hey Sean -- I used to live in Haverhill too. That drive up to the Salem store was pure bliss. That store single-handedly fueled my addiction board games (well that, and BGG). I'm in NH too as well (on the Seacoast), and actually have not yet made it to the Manchester store, though I plan to go soon. Too bad they've removed some of the selection from Salem (it was phenomenal), but I also like the idea of a more dedicated gaming area. Apparently Manchester has both (selection and gaming tables) in spades.

Also I agree with everyone else -- just phenomenal service there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ring Them Citadels wrote:
Hey Sean -- I used to live in Haverhill too. That drive up to the Salem store was pure bliss. That store single-handedly fueled my addiction board games (well that, and BGG). I'm in NH too as well (on the Seacoast), and actually have not yet made it to the Manchester store, though I plan to go soon. Too bad they've removed some of the selection from Salem (it was phenomenal), but I also like the idea of a more dedicated gaming area. Apparently Manchester has both (selection and gaming tables) in spades.

Also I agree with everyone else -- just phenomenal service there.


Matt,

Haverhill was a great place to spend my early 20s after graduation. I had Myriad Salem, which fueled a borderline addiction to board games, and The Tap... which fueled a borderline addiction to amazing local craft beer.

Then something something something move in with girlfriend and get a "real" place to live, not just a swanky apartment in an old shoe factory.

I wouldve liked more space to play in Salem while I was around, however at the sacrifice of game selection bummed me out a little to see.

If you havent been to the manchester store, you really should take a trip out there. well worth a drive if you are within an hour of the place (id probably drive further). the selection is amazing, and they have enough space for tons of tables of games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! My wife and I also lived in an old shoe factory -- Hamel Mill. Did you live there or the Cordovan? We also moved from a swanky little mill loft to a "real" house in NH (for the same rent). Fond memories of Haverhill but really loving it here!

And the Tap had great beer but we stopped going there after a disastrous episode where my wife ordered a veggie burger takeout and they gave her a bun with lettuce and tomatoes in it. When we went to swap it out for an actual veggie burger, the manager assured us that she would make sure they did it right this time .... and, I kid you not, they gave her another empty bun with lettuce and tomatoes. One of the weirdest things that has ever happened. When we wrote to complain their excuse was that it was Father's Day. Wow.

Napoli's, Giovanni's, and Arty's are all still in good standing with us.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I lived in Hamel Mill as well. 10 Duncan (I think it was building 4) I moved in it when it opened in 2009 and was there until a year ago.

Sad to see that sort of bad at the tap. I know the brewer, really nice guy. they got a new cook within the past year or so, better food/menu imo.

I always liked Sparky's, Kruegers and Andino's. Looking back at it, there was a ton of good food in Haverhill.

Though, looking back at it. I wish I had known someone who lived in the same complex as me was a board game addict as well. wouldve been a lot more game nights than trying to wrangle a few of my college buddies together.

too little too late. though it makes me wonder about my current neighbors.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We obviously lived parallel lives. We were one of the first residents, too, in the Essex building, and we left in March. Would have been awesome to know. Maybe we can meet up at a game night sometime at myriad or something.

Too funny.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as we're talking NH game stores, let me add that Diversions in Portsmouth is great too. Their new space on Congress st is sweet.

I really like Myriad as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myriad Games
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
twitchsey wrote:
That said, my only grip has been the new layout of the Salem store. A lot of table space to play games, but few games to actually buy.


Hey Guys!

Myriad Games in Salem here! Just popping in to announce that our store has moved from that cramped little space to a brand new, much larger location at 419 South Broadway in Salem, NH!

We now have 12 demo tables set up and ready to play at all times AND 12 more tables ready for your play groups! Open gaming is going on whenever the store is open and we do after hours gaming every Tuesday and Saturday!

Our selection is also back up to snuff, with over 53 bookcases stocked with all our product!

It's a much larger venue, but still the same Myriad Games you know and love! Stop in before the end of the year and receive $5 off a $25 purchase!

See you all soon!
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Myriad Games Salem wrote:
We now have 12 demo tables set up and ready to play at all times AND 12 more tables ready for your play groups! Open gaming is going on whenever the store is open and we do after hours gaming every Tuesday and Saturday!

Hopefully you'll get lots of euro/strategy gamers like I hear show up every Tuesday at the Manchester store! I'll be coming to check it out in early May!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.