4 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Q: Destroying Cards with other cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Varela
Australia
flag msg tools
This came up during my last game of Thunderstone where I played with a couple of neophytes, and one of them was really technical regarding the ruling and wording of Pawnbroker.

The thing is this cards says:

Pawnbroker: Destroy ANY card with a gold value to gain its gold value +3.

So what he would do would be destroy cards in the village with it. Now I could not find anywhere saying that for cards to be destroyed they HAVE to be in your hand unless the card says or thta you may not destroy cards in the vilage so now I am a bit confused regarding it.

TLDR: Can Pawnbroker destroy cards in the village and or to destroy cards with village effects, the cards need to be in your hand?

Thanks!
-Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the same token, he could have destroyed an ace of spades from his bridge deck. It said "any card..."

No, you cannot operate on anything other than cards in your hand unless the rules expressly say "destroy a card in the village" or some such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I'm surprised he didn't reach into your deck and destroy your best monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Varela
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.