Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently subscribed to the General Kickstarter forum, but there's a lengthy discussion that keeps popping up in my subscription that I'd rather not see anymore. Is there a way to block one topic from a forum subscription?

Thanks.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I'm currently subscribed to the General Kickstarter forum, but there's a lengthy discussion that keeps popping up in my subscription that I'd rather not see anymore. Is there a way to block one topic from a forum subscription?

Thanks.
Bruce

Click on arrow head by the name of the thread. there is a block option. Not quite immediate, the server has to cycle through whatever. But in half-hour or so that thread will be blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup:

1. Navigate to thread.
2. Wee arrow next to subscribe
3. Block

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Yup:

1. Navigate to thread.
3. Block

How did you know that was the one I wanted to block...?

And thanks to both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Call it a hunch whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Yup:

1. Navigate to thread.
3. Block

If you know which thread you want to block, then you can do it from the subscription page.

I'll usually look at the first couple of posts, but when a thread gets tiresome, I block it while on the subscription page itself. You also have to mark it read to get it off the subscription page.

It is a !@#$%^ pain in the but that you have to click the red X to close the popup dialogue. How many actions am I going to select from such a small list of choices. I'd greatly prefer that after one choice that the popup closes. Guess this should be a bug report or a suggestion. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.