18 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Deadpool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
Ah, merc with a mouth. I was going to add some text about having a team but the cards do their "talking". Enjoy!

Testing modifications

Unlikely hero: No change

I know Gun Fu: cost lowered to match Wolverine 3 costing heal. Cleaner, crisper image.

Still Kicking: added teleport, lowered damage and made rare not unique. Found a half decent X-Force Deadpool pic with him snapping a toy Dr. Doom.

Cheating with 2 hands: made unique as it was too powerful as a rare and upped the cost aligned with Iron Man's draw 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol I love the flavor text! Nice. Good choice in images too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always liked Deadpool in the base game. But dang it, your's is like 10 times better. Love his theme! Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
DarthofZA wrote:
I've always liked Deadpool in the base game. But dang it, your's is like 10 times better. Love his theme! Well done!

I like the original as well, very character driven. In this version I wanted to represent the fact he gets injured so often and comes back swinging. And that he's teamed up with everyone and UDE forgot to put him in a team even though he was prominent in uncanny X-Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see another Deadpool!

UNLIKELY HERO:
I like the effect but the text might be a bit too wordy. The "you may use this card" sounds redundant because you cannot get that effect if you weren't using the card to begin with.

Maybe it should be instinct, rather than Covert.

I KNOW GUN FU:
Oh wow. I had a similar idea for one of my Wolverines. Hmmm. Obviously you get more attack for the cost than many cards but you have the wounds drawback. Could work.

MORE TEAM-UPS THAN SPIDER-MAN:
I'd rather have a card that deals with wounds, but if you stick with this, shouldn't it be Multi-Affiliation than Multi-Color? Yes, he teams up with many people but the majority of the time, isn't he the one annoyingly tagging along? It's not like he calls for Thor and he shows up. It's more like he somehow got into Asgard looking for the legendary Nordic chimichanga and somehow he's blasting at ice giants along the stilted-English-speaking Odinson.

STILL KICKING:
I like it. Obviously very powerful in the hands of a wounds-friendly hero. I like that you return the wounds rather than KO them, that way you don't negate them for later wounding. But the overall character synergy feels off.

You are banking that the Deadpool character would get the Rare together with his common and uncommon, to make the best use of them. But if he doesn't, then he's stuck with wounds-happy cards with no way to get rid of them. Maybe that appeals to the crazy side of Deadpool, but for gameplay reason, maybe you want to modify the uncommon to have a KO or return wound effect. Maybe it sends the wound back to another player's discard pile or worse, their hand. That would also resemble his character, that sometimes teaming up with him means you get a stray (or intentional) bullet to your buttocks.

I'm digging what you are striving for! I'll keep an eye on proceedings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
okami31 wrote:

MORE TEAM-UPS THAN SPIDER-MAN:
I'd rather have a card that deals with wounds, but if you stick with this, shouldn't it be Multi-Affiliation than Multi-Color? Yes, he teams up with many people but the majority of the time, isn't he the one annoyingly tagging along? It's not like he calls for Thor and he shows up. It's more like he somehow got into Asgard looking for the legendary Nordic chimichanga and somehow he's blasting at ice giants along the stilted-English-speaking Odinson.

I was originally going to put both in (team and colour) but that would put him cost range 4 imo and I wanted to have him cost 3 to work with his other cards (Oddball)

You are right about his team ups being "ugh you!" types. That's kind of the thinking behind him. So many cards give colour benefits that it's the "ugh might as well pick Deadpool" feeliing I want to give the player. His versatility is what makes him "attractive".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drashia, how about more wound control?

I think you could add something else to that uncommon to spice it up.

"KO a Wound to draw a card" ?

or "If this card is KO'd or discarded, return it to hand" or something like that? (he is hard to get rid of...

I dunno...something kooky...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
I see what you're saying about wound control. The thinking was "lets make him crazy with a chaotic play style". Remember, the wounds are a "may".

How often does he get wounded/decapitated in a comic?

Tada! X-Force Deadpool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, now I'm seeing what you're saying too. It's your own damn fault if you got all those wounds without a back-up plan.

Okay, that's fine, but I'm still not sold on the Uncommon.

Are you thinking around beefing it up? Make it weird! haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
rare has been updated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

"Colour"..."grey"...ye are truly Canadian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UNLIKELY HERO

Reading it again I got a bit confused...if you want to take a wound do you discard it or is it an additional effect that you may use if you play it for the recruit point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
You place it in your discard pile.

updated image for the rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you might want to change it to "You may discard this card..." instead of "You may use..." to make it clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ford
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I like the concept, but I think you’re trying to make each card do a bit too much. I Know Gun Fu can allow you to take up to 5 wounds. That’s just too many. It can be very harmful to your deck if you go crazy with it. Say you play 3 of that card and take 15 wounds for 15 extra attack. That’s too much potential crazyness. Not to mention you only need to play one Still Kicking to get rid of those wounds and do another 15 extra damage.
Gun Fu ought to be more like Colossus’ Draw Their Fire. With a
3 cost
3 attack
Gain a wound
Combo with covert: you may gain another wound for +2 attack.

Unlikely Hero should read: “You may gain a wound from another players Discard Pile. (thus triggering any "if you gain a wound, do this" triggers.) If you do, draw a card.” (or maybe 2 cards) As your card is now, there’s no reason to buy it unless you have a deck full of “KO a wound to do this” cards. It ought to be slightly functional on its own. Additionally, there’re going to be some games where your teammates won’t acquire any wounds. So this card seems a bit questionable.

Still Kicking turns out to be pretty useless unless you have a deck full of wounds. With my earlier modification to Gun Fu, it would be harder to acquire wounds so I’d say you could have this card do 3 dmg. And I’m questionable on the Teleport on this card. I know Deadpools supposed to have that power, even if he never seems to use it. But the Teleport on this card seems unnecessary and almost overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyler7 wrote:
I like the concept, but I think you’re trying to make each card do a bit too much. I Know Gun Fu can allow you to take up to 5 wounds. That’s just too many. It can be very harmful to your deck if you go crazy with it. Say you play 3 of that card and take 15 wounds for 15 extra attack. That’s too much potential crazyness. Not to mention you only need to play one Still Kicking to get rid of those wounds and do another 15 extra damage.
3 cost
3 attack
Gain a wound

Unlikely Hero should read: “You may gain a wound from another players Discard Pile. (thus triggering any "if you gain a wound, do this" triggers.) If you do, draw a card.” (or maybe 2 cards) As your card is now, there’s no reason to buy it unless you have a deck full of “KO a wound to do this” cards. It ought to be slightly functional on its own. Additionally, there’re going to be some games where your teammates won’t acquire any wounds. So this card seems a bit questionable.

Still Kicking turns out to be pretty useless unless you have a deck full of wounds. With my earlier modification to Gun Fu, it would be harder to acquire wounds so I’d say you could have this card do 3 dmg. And I’m questionable on the Teleport on this card. I know Deadpools supposed to have that power, even if he never seems to use it. But the Teleport on this card seems unnecessary and almost overpowered.

Some valid points, I think.

Teleport being overpowered depends on the final card's cost. I think in function, teleport might not be that useful, but I haven't had enough games with teleporting cards.

I don't see Deadpool teleporting that much either.

If you do revise the cards, please tell us, Drashia, so we can print them out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Zyler7 wrote:
3 cost
3 attack
Gain a wound

Some valid points, I think.

Teleport being overpowered depends on the final card's cost. I think in function, teleport might not be that useful, but I haven't had enough games with teleporting cards.

I don't see Deadpool teleporting that much either.

If you do revise the cards, please tell us, Drashia, so we can print them out again.

I'll chime in on this one point. After getting stuck with Cable in their duo series, every time Cable telported it dragged Deadpool along with, and I THINK Deadpool could initiate it too, so it was access to futuretech that gave him the ability. Much hilarity was had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He still looks too powerful. All those Wounds bonuses would make him a mastermind killing machine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.