Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've been toying with getting this every since they revamped the game in the Enhanced edition. I've played a friend's copy and his has a number of extra characters, villains, expansions etc so my question is this.

Is there a comprehensive list of which expansions have which characters, villains and settings - including all characters/villains/settings in promos and mini expansions? This would be nice to know as I assume there is some overlap between expansions and some of the promo sets. Are there some recommended over others and are generally better to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no overlap. The Enhanced edition contains all the same heroes, villains and environments as the original base set, so you only have to purchase one or the other. All of the expansions are different characters and decks, and the promo decks are different as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the Enhanced Edition and all of the expansions. There is no overlap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Huntington
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there's a nicely formatted file somewhere, but here's what comes in each set:

Sentinels of the Multiverse (1st edition or Enhanced)
Heroes
Absolute Zero
Bunker
Fanatic
Haka
Legacy
Ra
Tachyon
Tempest
The Visionary
The Wraith

Villains
Baron Blade
Citizen Dawn
Grand Warlord Voss
Omnitron

Environments
Insula Primalis
Megalopolis
Ruins of Atlantis
Wagner Mars Base

Rook City
Heroes
Expatriette
Mr. Fixer

Villains
The Chairman
The Matriarch
Plague Rat
Spite

Environments
Pike Industrial Complex
Rook City

Infernal Relics
Heroes
The Argent Adept
Nightmist

Villains
Akash'bhuta
Apostate
The Ennead
Gloomweaver

Environments
Realm of Discord
The Tomb of Anubis

Shattered Timelines
Heroes
Chrono-Ranger
Omnitron-X

Villains
The Dreamer
Iron Legacy
Kismet
La Capitan

Environments
The Block
Time Cataclysm

Mini-Expansions
Heroes
The Scholar
Unity

Villains
Ambuscade
Miss Information

Environments
The Final Wasteland
Silver Gulch, 1883
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Huntington
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoy the game, eventually you're going to want it all. To me, it's a tie between Shattered Timelines and Infernal Relics for the best expansion. The mini-expansions all add something cool and different (Unity and Miss Information being two of my favorites). Save Rook City for last unless you want a real challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hmm... as a follow up question, I seem to remember different versions of some of the characters and (I think) Absolute Zero and Visionary specifically had alternative characters. Is this mainly because the enhanced version didn't match the original verbatim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are promo cards. They are new character cards for already released heroes, they do not change the associated decks in any way, shape or form, they only change the HP a character has and gives them a new base power and new incapacitated powers.

The cards where incentives for people who pledged on the various kickstarters; >G have said that when they have finished releasing all the Sentinels of the Multiverse stuff they will then release an "unlimited version" of all the promo character cards, so if you have missed out on any you just need to wait (but that is probably a couple of years away).

In the meantime you can find pictures of these cards suitable for printing out either in the galleries here on the geek or on Spiff's site.

They are
Young Legacy (Base Set)
Rook City Wraith (Rook City)
Fanatic The Redeemer (Infernal Relics)
Ra Horus of Two Horizons (Infernal Relics)
The Eternal Haka (Shattered Timelines)
Dark Visionary (Shattered Timelines)
Absolute Zero Elemental Wrath (Shattered Timelines)
Bunker Engine of War (Shattered Timelines)
Tachyon Team Leader (Shattered Timelines)
Tempest Freedom (Shattered Timelines)
Unity Golem (Shattered Timelines)
Wraith Price of Freedom (Shattered Timelines)
Greatest Legacy (Vengeance/not yet released)

There are also two promo villains, they change the HP and rules for the villains, the decks do not change
Mad Bomber Blade
Cosmic Omnitron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the promo villains, you can get them by buying the giant villain cards, which, besides being really cool also reduces the amount of card flipping you need to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a list of all the expansions/promos:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally with respect to alternate forms of Heroes/Villains, the promo cards are generally available through kickstarter rewards or from conventions.

That said there are iOS and Android apps that you can use to help keep track of hitpoints, they often contain the information for the promo cards as well. They are digital...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
Hmm... as a follow up question, I seem to remember different versions of some of the characters and (I think) Absolute Zero and Visionary specifically had alternative characters. Is this mainly because the enhanced version didn't match the original verbatim?

The alternate character card promos don't come with new decks, you just substitute the new hero/villain card for the one that comes with the villain deck. So Legacy, Young Legacy and America's Greatest Hero Legacy all use the same deck of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are the 1st expansions being re-released? are they enhanced edition all ready?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
are the 1st expansions being re-released? are they enhanced edition all ready?

If your asking that "Do the expansions use the H mechanic?", then yes, they do. Even the ones printed before the Enhanced Edition of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Enhanced Edition made 3 changes to the core set:
1. Changed some villain and environment cards to use the (H) symbol from the expansions (as a variable representing the number of heroes).
2. Added tokens for tracking bonuses and status effects.
3. Redesigned the box and added dividers, so that the EE box can be used to store the core set and all expansions to date.

There are no compatibility issues between EE and the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:
The Enhanced Edition made 3 changes to the core set:
1. Changed some villain and environment cards to use the (H) symbol from the expansions (as a variable representing the number of heroes).
2. Added tokens for tracking bonuses and status effects.
3. Redesigned the box and added dividers, so that the EE box can be used to store the core set and all expansions to date.

4. Changed to thicker card stock.

The expansion printed before the EE (Rook City) had changes 1 and 4 already. 2 is a base set only item. For 3, the dividers for Rook City were included in the EE, and all other expansions include their own dividers.

The only thing that was updated (or needed to be updated) was the base set. As long as you get the EE of the base set, everything else will be up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:

If anything, the component quality and design of the expansions is more consistent with the EE than the original edition.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.