Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I played a very fun but bloody game of City of Remnants last night; I think 34 gang members were removed from the game .

A rules question came up: What happens if a player plays a recruit action on the last card in the gang member deck (no more cards in the draw or the discard piles) and another player outbids them?
The active player has no more cards to bid on.
We ended up letting him play a different action, as it seemed unfair to just skip his turn because he couldn't recruit.

I know this probably shouldn't happen very often, especially with experienced players; Combat doesn't necessarily win you the game. However, it happened last night.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rennie
United Kingdom
Louth
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man that game was aggressive

In the FAQ on Plaid Hat Website it says:

Q: What happens to gang member cards and black market cards that have not been drafted at the end of the round?

A: In the reset phase at the start of the next round place any gang member cards or black market cards that have not been drafted into their respective discard piles. If there is any point in the game where you find you have run out of either of those decks, shuffle the cards in its discard pile to form a new deck and continue the game. Remember that any cards removed from the game (e.g., from battle) are not shuffled back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was intense, two of the players basically canceled each other out of the game because they kept attacking each other

I also read the faq but I don't think it answers this question.

Quote:
Remember that any cards removed from the game (e.g., from battle) are not shuffled back in.

All the gang member cards we had left that weren't in our decks had been removed from the game via combat. We had already reshuffled the non-drafted cards back into the draw pile and bought them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.