Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently decided to move my World at War collection to Plano boxes, I am using the Plano Pro Latch Stowaway 3650's. Dimensions as follows:
11" x 7.25" x 1.75"

To get my collection into them I will have 10 of the cases for the chits and the maps and rules/scenarios in two game boxes (Eisenbach Gap box and Blood and Bridges box). I would like to get a carry case for them that preferably can fit the boxes on top of the plano boxes for when I take them to game days.

So Im looking for recommendations for carrying your Plano cases. What do you all use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at thrift stores I see those briefcases that are square "sample" cases. Might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my Commands & Colors Ancients and Napoleonics blocks in Plano 3750 trays then use one of their carrying cases. The boards, dice, rules, and terrain fit in the lids.

There is a carrying case for the 3650 series, though it only holds 4 trays, which probably isn't going to work for you. You might have a look at the Really Useful Box storage system and see if there's one that will hold multiple 3600 trays.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-1364-4-By-System-Tackle/dp/B000E...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

These same things are on sale at Jo Ann Fabrics and you can grab a 40% off coupon for them.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you sew? Making a flat-bottom canvas bag is a relatively simple sewing project. I do not know what the dimensions of the cardboard boxes you mentioned would be, but I am envisioning that the Plano boxes would fill the bottom of the bag (either horizontally in two stacks or vertically in one row) with the remaining boxes flat on top of these. You may want to include a rigid floor of thin plywood or masonite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

These same things are on sale at Jo Ann Fabrics and you can grab a 40% off coupon for them.

S.

How much are the 3650's after 40% off at Joann's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

How much are the 3650's after 40% off at Joann's?

60% of the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.