Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

Before buying this game I had read the complaints about YCP randomness, then after people started saying that it's no big deal since they're easy to beat.

I think the second affirmation is true : They are easy to beat!!! The complaint came out when game was published and now I think people tend to agree with the fact that it is no big deal.

But there is a specific situation where they can completely crushed someone! And maybe it's from that situation that the complaint comes from! And it's a situation that first timer (like my group yesterday during our first play) will probably come across!

During the second turn my friend fight my other friend over one of his Backalley Gaming Development. It was 2 on 2 and he lost 1 guy while my other friend lost his 2 and his development! Then my other friend immediatly stroke back and won losing 1 guy and the other guy 2. Then the end of the round came, and the YCP stroke the first friend on two different spaces with 11 and 9 attack values. Here is where YCP can really destroy a game : My friend had no cards left out of discard pile due to the two combats, already thinned his deck of worse cards due to the 3 gang members lost during the previous battles, and then had to lose 4 other units!! (2 on each space)...

The situation where YCP are really really bad, is when a few battle arise and people HAVE to use their cards to fight, and then YCP comes in...

I know this was a rookie mistake, but also I can imagine situations where fighting is important and winning needs a lot of cards and you almost NEED to commit those cards. Since I've only played one game yet, do you have seen situations like this happened even with experienced players? What do you do to prevent this (besides a Refresh with your last action) and buying a LOT of gang members?

Also every first timer should be WARNED of this situation (no cards left to fight YCP)

Thank you! GREATTTT GAME by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one thing that's become clear about this game is that even though it's easy to teach, it's a very deep game. And it's deep in the sense that if you don't play wisely you could be get crushed, by other players and the game itself. But of course sometimes I've depleted myself and just crossed my fingers and prayed I wouldn't get raided. :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.