Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Trampal
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question here. I know that you have to pick one of the lower generation available when you choose to increase your family. But do you have to use them also in generational order?

For example if I have one first generation meeple and one second generation meeple in my farm and want to send one to, say, traveling... am I forced to send the oldest one (1st gen) or I can choose to send the one that best fits my strategy?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can use any living generation meeple on your farm when placing them elsewhere during an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1's are your first generation... so it only makes sense that they are born first. And over time as they age they'll die first.

There's nothing forcing you to put any generation to work before another. It just wouldn't make sense to have your third generation born before your second.

So if you are looking to get in good with the local government, you'll want to elect a young'un to the City Council instead of grandpa who is at death's door. That way you'll have a representative for years to come. Just because Grandpa is a shiftless layabout who never left the farm doesn't mean you have to use him when the family makes it's next move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found the 1st and second gen family members are better for traveling because you can use them to hit all the travel locations you need to hit and then not worry about wasting an action to get them back to the farm. Just let me die on the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
klurejr wrote:
I have found the 1st and second gen family members are better for traveling because you can use them to hit all the travel locations you need to hit and then not worry about wasting an action to get them back to the farm. Just let me die on the road.

So alone......so cruel a fate.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
klurejr wrote:

So alone......so cruel a fate.

-Ski

part of what makes this game so fun. cool devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Trampal
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All clear now. Thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.