Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered buying a used or damaged copy of the game to spray paint a set of pieces for House Arryn, and I assume they would be blue or light blue.

What I don't know how to do yet is how to achieve the "marbled" look, which I really like.

Anyone got any ideas, or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the wooden pieces from Antike and Antike Duellum to replace all the pieces from the game. Control discs become Footmen, Legions become Knights, Galleys become Ships, the Know How markers become Siege Engines. In Antike you get six colours, including blue. In Antike Duellum you get 2 more colours but will need to repaint one piece to get two Siege Engines in one colour (no problem because to play Antike Duellum you can still use a colour from Antike instead).

While I am about it I will also use the Castle and Fortress pieces from Joan of Arc (Tilsit) to mark Castles and Strongholds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanny Hanny
msg tools
Have you tried this yet?, my first thought would be to try clear resin (the kind that jewlrey makers use)with colour added. Use existing pieces to make the mold from.

Otoh, you could simply use poker chips ( as used in Axis and Allies for instance)underneath the models to show the quantity in the region, this would allow you to paint/varnish some of the existing pieces up to represent new houses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler B
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:
I've considered buying a used or damaged copy of the game to spray paint a set of pieces for House Arryn, and I assume they would be blue or light blue.

What I don't know how to do yet is how to achieve the "marbled" look, which I really like.

Anyone got any ideas, or suggestions?

I literally did this yesterday. Find a good fingernail polish with an opalescent finish. If possible, use Stark. It works the best to paint on a lighter color. I used a combo of Stark, Tyrell and Greyjoy. Stark worked, and the Greyjoy looked green at times so I had to continually add layers and switch to a different blue. (I used Baratheon, Martell and Lannister to paint pink for Bolton... Baratheon took the color best).

EDIT: I do have some spare pieces and was planning to give them away for Geek Gold for people that lost single pieces if people would be interested in replacing tokens/pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanny Hanny
msg tools
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?sub_category=+Mar...

This is the look your after i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.