Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've sold Tide of Iron. They've sold Dust.... to loving homes (publishers).

Time to sell off Battlelore to someone that can support it.

Get on it! please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Coggins
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Even a one-time Kickstart with tons of minis. I'd buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, not gonna happen - if they sold BL, the buyer would try to get their money back with new sales and expansions - a dagger at the heart of the Battle of Wasteros knockoff they're peddling.

When Game of Thrones runs its course, then expect some action. But to expect competition? No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know when the license expires for Game of Thrones? I agree. This could be the time we finally see some action with this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Coggins
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
Does anyone know when the license expires for Game of Thrones? I agree. This could be the time we finally see some action with this great game.

It seems they've had the license since 2002 or so, and they're still continuing to put out expansions for their LCG....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radiofyr309 wrote:

That would be insane... and also the first minis project I ever backed. FFG should partner with Cool Mini and run a KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
eekamouse wrote:
They've sold Tide of Iron. They've sold Dust.... to loving homes (publishers).

Time to sell off Battlelore to someone that can support it.

Get on it! please

No. Doubt.

This has been in flux for like what, 2, 3 years? If I stayed "on the pot" this long, my legs would fall off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
Good to know that I am not the only Battlelore nut out there......great to have some company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
FFG should partner with Cool Mini and run a KS campaign.

I could not disagree more.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Peace

Is there a reason for this? What you have listed is not a very compelling argument. You might be right, but I'm curious why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoN headlines for a number of studios.

My guess is that he is a Relic Knights or Sedition Wars backer, which was Kickstarted through CMoN.

Sedition Wars is kind of the first big peanutbutter & chocolate mix of miniatures boardgaming to come out from CMoN. I backed, and you would not believe the amount of ridiculous whining associated with this project. You have miniatures gamers expecting the sub-millimeter precision of injected plastics for printed product, going absolutely apecrap over imperfectly centered die-cut counters and the occasional warped board. Then the boardgamers are losing their stuff trying to assemble things with more than one part. And then everybody's up in arms over relatively (compared to most KS) minor delays, rules quibbles and communications.

Relic Knights is merely 6+ months delayed, with it's own communications and components issues.

CMoN runs a good Kickstarter, and generally delivers, though they're averaging a couple months late. People don't like seeing how the sausage gets made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radiofyr309 wrote:

Unquestionably. With a fundamentally sound Command & Colors rules base, launching a second edition adding Elves, Undead, Demons, and Steam is a no-brainer. The potential is very high. Don't hold your breath, tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
Thunder wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Peace

Is there a reason for this? What you have listed is not a very compelling argument. You might be right, but I'm curious why.

If CMON runs a Kickstarter for BattleLore (based upon previous Kickstarters) there will be lots of overpriced exclusives that will ruin the game play space. BattleLore is a head to head combat game with customizable sides and right now everybody has access to all the units.

FFG got rid of all the DoW exclusives and a CMON Kickstarter will likely introduce more. Blech!

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
My guess is that he is a Relic Knights or Sedition Wars backer, which was Kickstarted through CMoN.

You guessed wrong.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Coggins
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
Thunder wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Peace

If CMON runs a Kickstarter for BattleLore (based upon previous Kickstarters) there will be lots of overpriced exclusives that will ruin the game play space. BattleLore is a head to head combat game with customizable sides and right now everybody has access to all the units.

FFG got rid of all the DoW exclusives and a CMON Kickstarter will likely introduce more. Blech!

Peace

So what about the people don't have access to the game or can't afford $200+ to obtain it? A Kickstarter would work perfectly for those that want to fund the opportnuity to affordably purchase it, whether it be CMoN or through some other publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could care less if they add extra bonus BS minis. This game is setup so that both players can play based on rules they agree to beforehand. The problem comes from the play group and not the promotional items which are benign.

-edited for iphone suck-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
radiofyr309 wrote:

So what about the people don't have access to the game or can't afford $200+ to obtain it? A Kickstarter would work perfectly for those that want to fund the opportnuity to affordably purchase it, whether it be CMoN or through some other publisher.

They miss out, just like all the poor people who thought the first releases for Heroscape looked like a silly kiddie's game, or Queen's gambit, or Space Hulk 3e, etc. They get on with their lives and they enjoy what they have.

Kickstarter would not work perfectly for all who wanted it. Let alone loose use of the word perfect, it would only work well for North Americans who wouldn't pay much shipping. The rest of the world gets ganked by large to massive shipping charges especially on something as heavy as this would be. Then there are those who would feel they got half a game since they couldn't afford the, as Brent pointed out, overpriced add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
If CMON runs a Kickstarter for BattleLore (based upon previous Kickstarters) there will be lots of overpriced exclusives that will ruin the game play space.

BattleLore is a head to head combat game with customizable sides and right now everybody has access to all the units.

Peace

Do you have BattleLore confused with Warhammer Fantasy or some sort of HeroClix / deckbuilding game?

I thought most people simply play with whatever units the host happens to have purchased for the game. Not that they buy, build and bring their own forces as in Warhammer Fantasy. If everybody is playing out of the same shoebox, who cares if the shoebox is a high-power shoebox or low-power shoebox.

I don't see the issue with optional units, which is no different from what we have to day. I might own Dragons and Creatures, whereas another person might own Heroes and HYW. I never knew that represented a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
Kickstarter would not work perfectly for all who wanted it. Let alone loose use of the word perfect, it would only work well for North Americans who wouldn't pay much shipping. The rest of the world gets ganked by large to massive shipping charges especially on something as heavy as this would be.

Then there are those who would feel they got half a game since they couldn't afford the, as Brent pointed out, overpriced add-ons.

You mean like the US backers for Raging Heroes having to pay extra shipping compared to backers in France? Or US backers paying more for shipping items out of Great Britain?

People keep saying that it's not right to be incomplete, but I rarely have that as an actual problem on the board.

I wonder if people see the original Giant and Elemental as "overpriced add-ons".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
I wonder if people see the original Giant and Elemental as "overpriced add-ons".

I do. I haven't acquired the Elemental yet, but I got the Giant for a good deal. The Elemental, being an exclusive, costs too much most of the time for me to reasonably acquire, and it does make me feel like my set is incomplete.

It doesn't necessarily make me enjoy the game any less, but I tend to hate exclusives as a rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
... I tend to hate exclusives as a rule.

I should be clear about this. I hate them too. But, this is Battlelore we're talking about here. The game is amaze-sauce. I maybe wouldn't even back such a campaign at all to be honest. It would really depend what it entailed.

I've already got 5 expansions on top of the base game. There are still a couple of expansions I want to get, but I would just like more people to be able to obtain it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radiofyr309 wrote:

I never said I did not want a Kickstarter for BattleLore. I disagreed with the suggestion that FFG and CMON should team up to do one.

BattleLore is probably a good candidate for a Kickstarter. It would be great to have the game more widely available. More availability extends the life span of fan interest, exclusives shorten it.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:

The Giant was re-released in the Creatures Pack (or at least a version of it). The Elemental I thought was, but just checked and was not released.

At least originally they were easy to acquire, they were given out pretty much free (you had to buy the game). But like any product they eventually sell out and it becomes uneconomical to produce them again.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I haven't acquired the Elemental yet, but I got the Giant for a good deal. The Elemental, being an exclusive, costs too much most of the time for me to reasonably acquire, and it does make me feel like my set is incomplete.

It doesn't necessarily make me enjoy the game any less, but I tend to hate exclusives as a rule.

Did you get Creatures? You could print out the original stat card.

There is more "completist" (collector) angst with expansions (exclusive or not) than I would have guessed.

But without add-ons to drive incremental revenue, games are abandoned and die.

IMO, the option to have extra variety is nice, even if you don't get it right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

The Giant was re-released in the Creatures Pack (or at least a version of it). The Elemental I thought was, but just checked and was not released.

At least originally they were easy to acquire, they were given out pretty much free (you had to buy the game).

Creatures includes both Giant and Elemental, because I bought it and have 2 of each. BTW, the Hydra is awesome.

I got my originals for the cost of shipping as part of the initial launch. The models were released in Creatures with slightly different rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.