Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked before. I did a cursory search but could not find the answer.

I am trying to link the following two images from my personal gallery to the following board game designers pages, Christina Ng and Yeo Keng Leong:

I am not able to find the option on the left of the picture. Is it not possible to do so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure like with game galleries you have to upload the image seperately to each gallery you want it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not, not directly.

There are two "workarounds."

(1) Your user profile uses "Forum Formatting." You can link an image in your profile to some other link.

See: Forum Formatting Example - Image used as a link

(2) You could insert the link in a comment associated with the image.

Since a comment uses forum formatting too, you could actually use the image in the comment and link the image in the comment to the designer webpage.

In general this isn't done much. Users would very much expect to go to the geek gallery page which "wraps" the image.

-----------
Documented in Forum Formatting (If you can wade through all of it )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Click on images below to go to the personal gallery of the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I'm pretty sure like with game galleries you have to upload the image seperately to each gallery you want it in.

Ok, I think I misunderstood the request.

A designer is a "person." (designer, artist, whatever...). Each person has an "Images" section. You can upload an image associated with a designer into that gallery. I'm pretty sure it will then go through GeekMod.

In general the Geek doesn't want images from your personal gallery linked into a game gallery, a person gallery, or a publisher gallery. GeekMod should spot it, but they don't always.

------------
soblue I'll be right on one of my answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
the three Image policies ... BGG, RPGG and VGG

have a comment similar to this

Quote:
You are not allowed to link images from a personal gallery to a database entry.

in the past, I know that many users linked personal gallery images to database entries

I can't remember if code has been written to prevent this

if you Geekmail the links to the images you want moved
I will be happy to move them from your personal gallery to the proper person entry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I'm pretty sure like with game galleries you have to upload the image separately to each gallery you want it in.

You only need to upload an image once, to one of the galleries, and then use Add Link to the left of the image to link it to another gallery (examples where this would be used: two game designers in one image, or a game designer holding their game).

An entry should only be linked if you would upload it to that gallery directly (if Puerto Rico's box is upside down on the corner of the table, you probably wouldn't put it in the PR gallery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:
I'm pretty sure like with game galleries you have to upload the image separately to each gallery you want it in.

You only need to upload an image once, to one of the galleries, and then use Add Link to the left of the image to link it to another gallery (examples where this would be used: two game designers in one image, or a game designer holding their game).

An entry should only be linked if you would upload it to that gallery directly (if Puerto Rico's box is upside down on the corner of the table, you probably wouldn't put it in the PR gallery).

Just to clarify, from game gallery a link to the designer gallery is ok right?

From personal gallery a link to the game gallery is not OK, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:

Just to clarify, from game gallery a link to the designer gallery is ok right?

From personal gallery a link to the game gallery is not OK, right?

That's right. Anything that goes through geekmod to anything that goes through geekmod is okay (game to game, game to designer, designer to designer, etc.). No links from a personal gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.