Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a quick question after finally getting a chance to sit down with this a bit more. The Trickster card says "You may use the ability of one card in your play area except for a Watchman."

My Watchman cards (and Shady Watchman) only have "Reaction:" effects on them. Was this just added to make sure people didn't forget, or does Trickster mean it can use the "effect" of one card in your play area?

I just took it literally and figured it meant "Ability" text only.

Jason: I know you're very present in these forums, so thanks for that, and thanks for the fun game. My wife loves it, and we had one of those dramatic two player show-downs where we were both very cautious toward the end and I ended up playing a Traveling Merchant Activate effect to use Lock Pick and Thieves' Tools combo to swipe her 7 gold coins from her Lock Box and Coin Purse. I loved the look on her face when she realized why I had been letting her steal all of my coins.

Thanks!

Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
My response below:

Jacovis wrote:
I just had a quick question after finally getting a chance to sit down with this a bit more. The Trickster card says "You may use the ability of one card in your play area except for a Watchman."

My Watchman cards (and Shady Watchman) only have "Reaction:" effects on them. Was this just added to make sure people didn't forget, or does Trickster mean it can use the "effect" of one card in your play area?

We left it in--although redundant--to make SURE players knew for SURE. But, you're correct, as Watchman HAS no Ability text, it's moot for that card anyway.

I just took it literally and figured it meant "Ability" text only.

Correct!

Jason: I know you're very present in these forums, so thanks for that, and thanks for the fun game. My wife loves it, and we had one of those dramatic two player show-downs where we were both very cautious toward the end and I ended up playing a Traveling Merchant Activate effect to use Lock Pick and Thieves' Tools combo to swipe her 7 gold coins from her Lock Box and Coin Purse. I loved the look on her face when she realized why I had been letting her steal all of my coins.

Priceless win! DoT has some very nice endgame turns

Thanks!

Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Thanks Jason!!

Sure thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.