Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Scotland

Subject: Meetings in Shetland? (also Edinburg and Aberdeen) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Urraca la pie qui joue
msg tools
I'll be spending a week or so in Shetland plus a couple of days in Edinburgh and Aberdeen, starting next week.

I've already been to Shetland two years ago and, while gaming is not the focus of my trip obviously, this time I am curious to know whether there is some kind of gaming night in Shetland (maybe at the Lerwick library?).

I have quickly perused the threads here about Aberdeen and Edinburgh and the Edinburgh Gamers forum. So far, I get the feeling gaming in both cities is mainly CCG, RPG, minis and wargames, none of which I am into, but I'll probably drop by the Games Hub café and Black Lion shop in Edinburgh anyway. Any other idea?

TIA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Meetings in Shetland? (also Edinburgh and Aberdeen)
urraca wrote:
So far, I get the feeling gaming in both cities is mainly CCG, RPG, minis and wargames, none of which I am into...

That leaves board games right?
The Games Hub has a huge library of board games to choose from and depending on what night you drop by you might even find some friendly people to play with.
Check out the Edinburgh Gamers Guild to catch some of us arranging board game play nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urraca la pie qui joue
msg tools
SINik wrote:
[q="urraca"]The Games Hub has a huge library of board games to choose from and depending on what night you drop by you might even find some friendly people to play with.

Great, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'll check what game nights are being arranged as soon as I know which days I will be stopping in Edinburgh.

I see from your profile you have a shop yourself. Is it online only or brick and mortar as well? I have to travel light, so I do not really plan to buy games, except maybe a card game or two, but it's good to know in case I get to spend more time next trip.

Thanks for your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
urraca wrote:
I see from your profile you have a shop yourself. Is it online only or brick and mortar as well? I have to travel light, so I do not really plan to buy games, except maybe a card game or two, but it's good to know in case I get to spend more time next trip.

We have no bricks and mortar store at this time and we do ship outside of the UK, where postal limitations allow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in Aberdeen on a Tuesday then we meet for board games at ma Cameron's from half seven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urraca la pie qui joue
msg tools
Aberdonian wrote:
If you are in Aberdeen on a Tuesday then we meet for board games at ma Cameron's from half seven

I'll be in Aberdeen briefly on Sunday, but thanks for the info anyway, it's good to know for another trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.