Spartacus: The Serpents and the Wolf Expansion Set» Forums » Variants

Subject: Proposal for 5+ player games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a simply thing to help with the lack of Primus on the table.

When there is 5+ player in a game, 2 arena match are to be fighted every arena phase, with invitation being made before any combat are played.

I will mean people will have potentially more money, but as everyone have the same chance it isn't too bad.

It also mean twice as much influence to be won on the sand, wich isn't so bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds interesting. I wonder if there would be any complications? Would the host choose who fights against who? Would there be a rule about who he can invite (no one can be invited a second time before everyone has been invited once, as in a Primus). Gambling would be interesting, as you might stand to win or lose greater amounts of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, lets say it is 2 match that are planned at the same time.

The Host do the invitation for the first match, by the standard procedure, each Domini indicating who he is sending with what gear.

Then before the first match is resolved, the host send invitation for the second match.

I agree the rules for the Primus invitation should been applied.

----

I also wonder if you cant use a more TV format for the Primus.

Lets say each Dominus have to rovide 1 gladiator or slave for qualification match. Host set the matchs, pitting Dominus against Dominus. If a Dominus send no one he qualify his opponent.

Each winner qualify for the Primus, the host inviting one of the losing Dominus to join as the 4th Primus contester.

That mean the Primus could generate a LOT MORE influence and gold... but after all, that is the Primus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I still think that one of those 2 propositions is the best way to ensure a minimum of primus! Also, 2 fights are great but I would rather have one Primus than 2 different fights! But to keep them special I proposed :

First : The same mechanic than in Cyclades : Hades expension, where each turn (not phase) a die is rolled, and its value is added to the total of the previous dice rolled in the earlier turns. If the new total equals of exceed a certain number, than this is a Primus ROUND!!! the next Host HAS to declare one, or maybe have the choice between declaring one and losing an influence, don't know yet. After that, reset to total dice value and go on again...

Second suggestion : The first Dominus to get to 4 influence can now declare a primus during the game OR even call for one to be declared by someone else at the cost of -1 influence if the other dominus refuse. The same thing with the first to 8 and keep the rules of 10 and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.