Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently appear to have caught the card sleeving bug, however one, well two, thing(s) has become apparent regarding this affliction:

How does one contain one's cards whilst in use (to stop the stack from spilling all over the place) and/or store them when not in use?

I've search the mighty interwebs for solutions, but to no avail!

Either my google-fu is not strong, or what I'm looking for simply doesn't exist.

I find it hard to believe the latter of those possibilities, but the former his highly likely.

So, how do the geek solve this problem?
Is there some magical online store hidden somewhere that sells sleeved card storage and containment solutions?
And are they in, or do they ship to, at a reasonable price, the UK?

The sizes of sleeve I have cards for that need a solution are:

70x70mm (King Of Tokyo: Power Up!, etc)
41x63mm Mini USA (Zombicide, etc)
2 5/8" x 3 5/8" (King OF Tokyo, Pandemic (and expansion(s)), Get Bit!, Unexploded Cow, MtG, etc)

(Thought that's just occured to me as I typing this: Alternatively, does anyone know of a UK-based company that will custom laser-cut acrylic etc?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I recently appear to have caught the card sleeving bug

It's not too late to stop the insanity. You'll save yourself a lot of time, effort and money if you just nip this in the bud now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For standard sized cards, I typically buy the Ultra Pro card boxes, which hold about 70 cards with sleeves. Some hold about 100. Here's an example of some products.

http://www.toywiz.com/deckboxes.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
For standard sized cards, I typically buy the Ultra Pro card boxes, which hold about 70 cards with sleeves. Some hold about 100. Here's an example of some products.

I considered those for storage.

Are they any good for also keeping cards contained during play (whilst still allowing them to be easily drawn from the deck)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
kentreuber wrote:

I considered those for storage.

Are they any good for also keeping cards contained during play (whilst still allowing them to be easily drawn from the deck)?
If you stand them up in the box, then yes. You'll prolly only need to do this for deck sizes >60 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
How does one contain one's cards whilst in use (to stop the stack from spilling all over the place) and/or store them when not in use?

Take them out of the sleeves when you need to store them and then resleeve them when you are going to play with them. (That's no crazier than sleeving them in the first place!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.