Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Looking For Jenkintown, PA Area players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Moak
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I would like to find players willing to play on Sundays starting around 2PM at 7th Dimension Games in Jenkintown. While this would start as a playgroup if there is enough interest and enough regular players there is a possibility of regular tournaments and/or a league.

I will be showing up starting this Sunday (7/21) and hope to see some of you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'd be interested in playing, but I have a bunch of traveling coming up so it would be a couple weeks before I could make it.

I go to 7th Dimension Games to buy stuff regularly, but I've never played there beyond a random Magic pre-release. How do you get in to the scene there, just show up and hang out? I know they have a boardgame night but I don't know if anyone actually goes.

I'm in dire need of a gaming group, so I'll definitely try to make it to a star wars LCG meetup when I get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Moak
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Just show up and hang out. The boardgame night on Saturdays are fairly well attended (20+ regulars). The Tuesday night ones are starting to make a comeback and have gained about 10 or so regulars along with the occasional people who show up when they have time. Also on Tuesday nights is the Netrunner group, though its still fairly small at the moment. I'm usually there both of these two nights and up for whatever usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, hope I can make it out in a couple weeks.

Is Netrunner night a good time to learn? I have the base set and have played a couple games solo controlling both sides, but want to get some real games in.

Same state with Star Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Moak
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
On Netrunner the people who play it are fairly friendly and willing to work with people without their experience levels. I am in a similar situation built decks but not much playtime and they've been very helpful and friendly. There's usually at least two or three of them playing on Tuesday Nights after 6ish.

As for Star Wars, if you come out I'd be happy to work with you to gain experience and most of the people I know who play Star Wars at the store are equally helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.