Subject: Master Moderator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I would moderate a game of Warrior Knights would anyone be interestested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Miller
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
propably i m in but i need to check the pbf conditions if you please your excellency!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be very happy to participate. This has been tried before and I volunteered to moderate, but it kind of scattered and it didn't happen.

Will be great fun. Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
propably i m in but i need to check the pbf conditions if you please your excellency!

You will be required to check the forum at least once a day, although having negotiation aspects it is probably to your advantage to check it more often. I will allow private communications, but only during the upkeep phase. I felt this seemed reasonable.

I reserve the right to banish any player for unsportsman like conduct.

I was going to poll if players would be willing to let me hold a GeekGold hostage. This will be returned after the games conclusion and will be to ensure that players do not disappear before the games conclusion.

I will post try to post card texts, but will probably improvise so it is best that players have access to them themselves.

We will be doing a poll on influence totals and I do plan on using the crowns and glory expansion.

I will require at least 4 people to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to be honest the parameter "to check the forum at least once a day" during the summer time i think its brutal, i believe "at least once per 2 days" is more logical.
regarding the length of the session, lets try the short one first to check how the gameplay runs and afterwards we can try the long ones.
the gg hostage matter is laughable...if someone is willing to play he ll do it either way.
the expansion c&g is a great one, but as i said, lets try a normal play to check the flow and remember the rules of the game (havent played it for almost a year) and afterwards lets try to combine all of them in one great package!
and again thank you for your chivarlous gesture to master this beast as the moderator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have had one person give his thought and I am still in need of a 4th player. Once we get a four or five players, I will create a new forum and begin the game.

PS I kind of thought the geekgold was silly too, but I am trying to find a way to keep players from dropping. I welcome any suggestions to that end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I forgot to subscribe so I came back now to check on updates.

I agree with Alex (with whom I just finished an Age of Conan PBF which went brilliant).

As moderator I too thought that once a day was propper, we then agreed once every 2 days. Fact is, once the game is runngin, it will have it's own timing. We won't all be there all the time, as long as players notify in advance that they'll be away and for how long.

As for GG hostage... I think you're taking this a notch too serious. I understand that this game is hard work, but still, I think we can start by trusting people. Also, should anybody be that rude as to disappear wothout a hint, we either find a replacement player or we find a solution.

As for expansion, yet again I agree with Alex, let's try keep the game as simple as possible, if it turns out that it works well, we then can try a second run implementing the expansion (or parts of it).

These are my thoughts, very much in line with Alex's, but whatever you decide, you are moderator, you set the terms, either way, count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, for some reason I did not think people would be too interested in a short game of Warrior Knights. As the moderator I can appreciate the idea of a trial run, since I do not think anyone has moderated a PBF warrior knights before.

We will do an 8 point game with no variants or house rules and to keep things simple it may be best to use only 3 players. If you guys are okay with that I will start the game.

As for the pace we go at I will just wait to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds very reasonable to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i m in! lets do this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Miller
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has been started here
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12915432#12915432
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not too late, or I can get my name in the ring as an alternate, I'd like to commit to this. Let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly be an alternate, I will send you an email if I need a play by forum player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or maybe he can be stand by for the next one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Miller
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Next game with more players and more influence!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll likely be interested in the next one too! I haven't played this since 2007, and don't know when I'll get my copy of the game to the table. So I'll be interested in a PBF.

From my Game of Thrones experience, each round certainly takes a while, and a full game takes multiple months. It's been too long since I've played this game to have any idea how this compare to AGoT: TBG, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much interest is there in a PBF of this game?

If Dalek5 wants to play, I will moderate a game. I am also interested in playing myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are the 7th person to show interest in playing, so I guess there is some. I will start a new game once I get vassal under control. Who knows we may find we can have two games going at the same time.

I was actually hopping a seventh would not show up, because I hate it when people sit out. I only want to moderate one at a time, otherwise it is easy to get confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize how close you guys were to finishing your game. I'm not familiar enough with using Vassal to volunteer as a moderator, but if Dalek5 and Mercuric both moderate, we could have two games going at once, and if they're up for it, they could each play in the one the other is moderating.

I wouldn't mind sitting out and watching the next one, though, if that put us at 6 for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, how many people would be interested in playing in two games at once? That would allow us to have two full games going I think.

I created a pretty simple excel program for shuffling and bookkeeping, mainly for the extra C&G stuff that isn't in the vassal program (there is some functionality in the expansion that may require a restart of the vassal program, such as rebuilding a razed city.)

Dalek5, I'm ready to start modding with C&G right away, so if that interests you let me know, and we can figure out how to divide the players up between us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be wiling to play up to twice at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd tell everyone how my vassal modification are going.

I created a way to put garrisons on the board. For riots, I'd sooner just use the siege marker. If there is a siege and no one around it is safe to assume it is a riot.

My biggest problem will be finding the time to scan all the cards in. It was easy enough to check the forum regularly during my other obligations, but finding a block of time to scan all the new cards in is difficult.

Programing wise the only difficult thing should be adding a deck for science. For the rest once I get the time to scan the images they should be easily insert-able, into the appropriate decks.

As to playing multiple games at a time, I can say that I could moderate one and play one well enough. But, if I'd play two or moderate two it would be two much for me to track.

I also have no issue with anyone else moderating a game and they should not feel obligated to wait for me. I will support any one who supports PBF, because some games deserve more table time.

Wow, I really rambled there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to join a game. I am new to this game, but I have a copy of it and I'm eager to play. Also, I've played a lot of Game of Thrones PBF so I have some experience with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.