Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Bernard
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this for the first time last night with 5 players. I was really excited about the game and the lightning system.

However, after 30 or so minutes, Excalibur never really moved very far from a centralized position, and it ultimately got caught up in what seemed to be a stalemate position. Nothing was really advancing. If someone moved on Excalibur, they were basically guaranteed to be killed immediately.

We decided to stop the game, because we couldn't figure out how anyone was actually supposed to bring Excalibur all the way back to thier entry hex.

Is a stalemate outcome typical? Does it play better with 3 or 4?

It seems like the bottle necks and the fact that you get pinned to enemies, naturally encourage a stalemate-ish situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Vickery
Australia
Tempe (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mb
We just tried adding in the other items, and that makes it even worse - almost certainly a draw or stalemate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 times and I also found stalemate very typical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.