11 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: OHaUH: Wrong product on Amazon? (French version) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
Amazon rep says this is indeed the French version. Must be some kind of mix up? Kind of a bummer, went to order today and had to cancel just to be sure.

Ended up getting on the doorstep and HoN instead with the intent of filling out my card pool. Hopefully can pick up the first Hobbit soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-The-Rings-LCG-Expansion/dp/161661...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is the case, it looks like I'll be sending this back tomorrow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
See how the picture is French? Hard to imagine but I searched the product code from the description and looks like its a French version. You might want to chat with a rep and see.

Can you post on here what you get tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I see that. I ordered the Star Wars LCG Core Set months ago from amazon when the picture was in french and the English edition came. I assumed it was a similar error. I guess that's what you get for assuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went on and cancelled my order real quick just to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gurien
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was also looking to buy this expansion from Amazon and noticed that the image depicted the French version. The "Item model number" listed in the "Product Details" section of the Amazon page - UBIJCS16 - is, indeed, for the French version, but the "Product Description" section states "FFGMEC16 Over Hill and Under Hill By Fantasy Flight Games," which is the correct product code for Fantasy Flight's English version. Confusing to say the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked with an Amazon rep, like you did, and they verified that it was the French edition. However, there is a question on the page that deals with this issue, and the person who responded said they received the English version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gurien
United States
California
flag msg tools
I saw the same question and answer. I also contacted an Amazon representative and was told that the listing is for the French version. Perhaps there's a way for an Amazon rep to have the actual inventory checked, instead of just relying on the web page, which I assume is all that is happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
Me too - but I'm guessing the reps are not in the warehouse (or even in the same country)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't cancel it in time, so I received it today. It's in English. It was a display error (at least in my case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gurien
United States
California
flag msg tools
Good to know. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.