Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel a small clarification for my Pitchcar entry is in order. I mentioned the expansion adds "a small ramp." More appropriately--the figure-8 pieces, which are interlocking track on one side and straight (non-interlocking) on the other, can be elevated if you put something underneath the piece to make a small ramp. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bergeron
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the sheer numbers of responses, are you placing a limit on how many games can be listed as desired trades? In your example above, you have your game followed by four desired trades. Setting a moderate limit may make it so that TradeGenie won't take forever to run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
Please submit your lists according to the following example;

my entry 1
my desired entries in order 24, 36, 48, 60
...snip...

So to clarify, you want our desired games to be submitted in ascending numerical order (2 3 4) and not order of our preference (3 4 2, for example)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Rohnert Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diane, I'm almost certain the entries are to be in order of preference -- it's just coincidence that they're in numerical order in the example.

pdclose wrote:
tornadog wrote:
Please submit your lists according to the following example;

my entry 1
my desired entries in order 24, 36, 48, 60
...snip...

So to clarify, you want our desired games to be submitted in ascending numerical order (2 3 4) and not order of our preference (3 4 2, for example)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, both of you, for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laurion wrote:
Setting a moderate limit may make it so that TradeGenie won't take forever to run.

It would also ultimately result in fewer trades. The more open people's wants can be, the easier it is to make long chains right off the bat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we submit our lists here or on the games for trade list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roderick Schertler
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Do we submit our lists here or on the games for trade list?

Neither. Send them in a private message to the person running the math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, remember #24 is the Heroscape master set w/ the Elite Onyx Vipers promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David Faeth
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
that was just an example. The list has to be in the order of preference not numerical order.

Aww... Turds! I wonder if there's time to resubmit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some discussion over in the other math trade forum listing about how to maybe be a little more successful in math trades. You might find it helpful.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/100211

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David Faeth
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Item #31

I need to bring up something that I forgot about. My copy of Starbase Jeff is less one playable deck. It was chewed up by my brother's dog when he borrowed it. Needless to say, I don't loan out games to him anymore.

It's not horribly damaged (Ogre must've decided it didn't taste good), but it is marked. Maybe if you found some square-shaped card sleeves you could pull it out.

Anyway, I felt the need to bring that up. Sorry I didn't do it earlier, but I only just reminded myself when I was pulling the games from my closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
when will the results be posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa there! That's all messed up. You transposed some want lists. Details to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:

-snip-

114 sends to 5 and receives from 58

-snip-

111 129 72 40 76 134 114 1 11 77 23 164 66 92 96

112 129 72 40 76 134 114 1 11 77 23 164 66 92 96

113 129 72 40 76 134 114 1 60 11 77 23 164 66 92 96 46 167 28 86 51 38 140 5 6 59 131 65 53 82 14 15 18 83 144 149 153

114 27 52 144 77 151 60 88 153 67 58 71 53 72 40 1 134 66 61

-snip-

Check your email. My games were 112, 113 and 114. The want lists rode up a line. Note that 111 (someone else) and 112 (me) are the exact same. In actuality, 111's wants should be under 112, 112's under 113 (though it's the same), and 113's under 114.

114 didn't want 58. Not even a little bit. I'm sure other people are getting stuff they don't want either, under this run. It's going to have to be done again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow an item got deleted from the master GeekList, changing my games from 112-114 to 111-113.

But this happened *after* I submitted my wants list, which was well after the list closed -- surely it should have been locked down at that point. Did this affect anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. I'm not 114 anymore. So I suppose it's ok. Nothing's actually messed up. blush

Still, weird that the numbers changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Arun,

Out of curiosity — did you use the -L option when running TradeGenie? That giant circle looks like it could be a result of the long chain algorithm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Makes sense to me. Eventually the run without -L should have finished up with 70 or more trades, itself. But that could have taken until sometime in April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arun,

I'm sorry.

Really, I am.

As for "blaming" you, well I wasn't upset or vehemently accusing you. I just figured that you had a couple hundred want lists to deal with, I had three, so odds were it was a simple copy-and-paste error somewhere among those couple hundred. It wasn't a personal attack.

I spoke in haste, thinking that if there was a mistake it would be best to catch it early and have others alerted, before anyone got too attached to the (what I assumed were) erroneous results. I was concerned that it seemed I was assigned to receive a game I found distasteful. If it had come down to it, I would still have sent my game away, but I would have let whoever it was keep Daemonibus.

Anyway, I wasn't assigned the wrong game, I just got my numbers wrong. My fault entirely. I'm especially sorry for the extra work that must have caused you -- mustn't have been easy to track down the error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rootbeer wrote:

I spoke in haste, thinking that if there was a mistake it would be best to catch it early and have others alerted, before anyone got too attached to the (what I assumed were) erroneous results.

Well, I probably would've done the same thing. You hate there to be an error and people send out trade offers before the error is caught. Once the snowballing effect of trades start there's just no stoppin' it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.