Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just played my first game with three players and the expansion, we had the two paladins switching between players all the time. I wasn't sure I fully understood the rules regarding switching paladins, so below is my rundown and I hope you fine members of the community can correct me:

Evil is never gained simultaneously, therefore the paladin is "checked" for each movement of on the evilometer. When a player moves on the evilometer, check the following:

1) If the current player is the only player on or above the paladin-space, he gets the elf paladin (from whereever)
2) If there are now two players above, the dwarf go rumbling
2.a) If the current player is higher than the player holding the elf, current player gets the dwarf, and the elf stays with the other player
2.b) If the current player is equal or lower than the elf-player, current player gets the elf, and the dwarf goes to the former elf-player
3) From now on, both paladins are out and going strong, and every change in the evilometer where players reach or pass one another results in the following:
3.a) A player that fulfills both of the following conditions can never get a paladin (and is therefore not considered): the player doesn't already have a paladin, and he is below the paladin-line. The following only concerns with more than one player on or above the paladin-line:
3.b) If the current player is untied and highest on the meter, he gets the dwarf. If another player is second-highest and untied, he gets (or keeps) the elf
3.c) If the current player is untied and highest on the meter, he gets the dwarf. If another player is second-highest but tied, the player that gave up the dwarf gets the elf instead
3.d) If the two highest are tied, and they both have a paladin already, nothing happens
3.e) If the two highest are tied, and one has the dwarf while the other has nothing, the other gets the elf
3.f) If the two highest are tied, and one has the elf while the other has nothing, the elf-player gets the dwarf, while the other gets the elf
3.g) If the two highest are tied, and neither has a paladin (I cannot see how this can happen, but anyhow) the starting player (or closest to) gets the elf, while the other gets the dwarf

So in short:
If a tie is broken, most evil gets the dwarf, second-most the elf
If you give up a dwarf, and is entitled to a paladin (even tied), you get an elf instead
If you pass by both paladin-players, you get the dwarf (and he gets the elf)
If you reach, and tie, with both paladin-players, nothing happens

for discussion and confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That all looks correct. And I want to add, that if three people are above the paladin line on the evilometer, and one of those three go back below it, he is out of the running of getting a paladin since they will stay with the other two, that are above the line. And if one of those two then go below the paladin line, that person will still keep the paladin until someone without a paladin then crosses the paladin line.

And don't forget, all this will happen amongst three players if you get the event: 'I'm Back Ladies!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Behnke
Germany
flag msg tools
Looks correct to me.

There is two page rule sheet on paladin distribution on the czechgames dungeonlord download page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to summarize/rephrase the "already-allocated paladins" rules with the following 4 statements :
1) Players who already got a paladin switch paladins so that the most evil among them always have the strongest one and so on. The switch happens for all these players, even if some or all of them are below the paladin threshold.
2) In case of a tie in evilness between some or all of these players, the paladins don't move between the tied players.
3) If 1) or a new allocation forces one of the tied players of 2) to give his current paladin, paladins are redistributed among these tied players by strength of the current paladin. The player who has the strongest paladin among the tied players before switching should still have the strongest paladin among the tied players after the switch.
4) If a player without a paladin becomes eligible to get one, apply the standard allocation procedure and then the "already-allocated paladins" procedure.

Example considering that all 3 paladins are in play (event) :
- Player 1 has the Dwarf paladin and is one spot below the paladin threshold
- Player 2 has the Human paladin and is one spot below the paladin threshold
- Player 3 has the Elf paladin and is one spot below the paladin threshold
- Player 4 has no paladin and is one spot below the paladin threshold
- Current turn order is P2->P1->P4->P3
If player 4 reaches or exceeds the paladin threshold :
- Player 4 will get the Dwarf paladin per the standard allocation procedure (most evil above the threshold get the strongest one)
- Player 2 won't have a paladin anymore per the standard allocation procedure (turn order solves ties when determining paladin affectation or de-affectation)
- Player 1 will get the Human paladin per the "already-allocated paladins" procedure (keep the strongest among tied players)
- Player 3 will get (keep in this case) the Elf paladin per the "already-allocated paladins" procedure (keep the weakest among tied players)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.